LF Hasegawa AV-8B II+ 1/48 Heat Shield on Sprue "D" (Kit Pt-28

Greetings!

Here's the situation. I lost/misplaced one of the heat shields - nowhere to be found. I reordered the sprue ("D") from Hasegawa USA and am on a 6-8wk waiting list. I am hoping to find someone who has:

• bashed kit
  • a kit they have lost interest in
  • a kit that is WAY back in the pantry with q timetable of "one of there days"

If you could part with the part for a moth or two, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hasegawa AV-8B Harrier II + 1/48

Sprue D

Heat/Exhaust Shield

Thanks much!

Kevin

Kevin,

Do you need part D-2 or D-5 (port or starboard)? I have the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa GR-7 that I will not be building for at least a year. Let me know1 Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Kevin,

Do you need part D-2 or D-5 (port or starboard)? I have the Revell boxing of the Hasegawa GR-7 that I will not be building for at least a year. Let me know1 Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Ken,

Please go you your Comcast account. This is my 5th (and 60min worth) attempt at replying and it flakes out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kevin

Ken,

Please go you your Comcast account. This is my 5th (and 60min worth) attempt at replying and it flakes out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kevin

I'm trying to copy the email message here.

Hey Ken,

I know that this won't run away on me. ARC's messaging system leaves a lot to be desired. I did not receive notification that you responded!

Anyway . . .

Ken, I think the two shields are interchangeable. I picked one at random after cutting both off the sprue and it (D-2 or D-5) fit fine on the starboard side. But since you have both of them, you can check me on that.

How I could lose such relatively big part in a closed area is baffling! It's not like a teeny PE piece. Plus, it's FLAT - no bounce on the hardwood. Major heartburn because I KNOW it's hiding in plain site!!

To be sure, I guess, please send the one for the port side. What I will do is send you the replacement "D" sprue when I receive it from Hasegawa. It will be a Christmas gift, literally! (Hobbico is saying 6-8wks)And for your efforts, I will send you a set of 2Bobs "Jammin' Jump Jets" (48-148) if you would like to have them.

This is truly a blessing......

How goes the job search? Any nibbles or bites? I hope that you are seeing some light out there. Was everything OK with the TA-7C? I haven't heard back so I'm assuming no news is good news!

As far as mailing goes, just double-fold a sheet of copy paper around it and stick it in a #10 envelope with a 49ยข stamp. Addy below.

Thank you, thank you!!

Take care,

Kevin

It looks like it worked!