This young fellow comes to town to meet with some mates he went to school with. He doesn't get away from the farm very much and hasn't seen these boys for 3 years. They go out for dinner and then to a high class night club in the regional city where the other boys live. As they're walking down the street the townies produce ties and start tying them around their necks. The farm boy hasn't brought one with him. They get to the front door of the club and the doorman says to him "I'm sorry mate. You can't come in here without a tie." The young fellow pleads with the doorman but he is adamant. He tells the young fellow "if I let you in without a tie I've broken our dress code regulations and I'll lose my job. You don't want that to happen do you?" "Well no I don't," replies the young man. "I'd never want anyone to loose their job for anything."

The doorman then says "Well why don't you go and see if you can't scrounge up a tie from somewhere?" "At 10 oclock at night?" asks the young man "Where can I find a tie at this time of night?" "That's not our problem" says the doorman. "I still can't let you in without a tie." So off the young fellow goes somewhat downcast to his car and pulls the cabin apart. No tie. He then goes to the boot and starts rummaging around in there. Still no tie but he does spot a set of jumper leads.

He thinks to himself "Hmm. That might just work". So he puts the leads aorund his neck and ties them in a windsor knot and heads back to the door. The doorman sees him coming and thinks "Oh struth no." The young fellow approaches the door and says "This is all I could find. Will this do?" The doorman draws the air in through his teeth and says "Well I suppose if that's all you could find I can probably answer any questions from the boss later. All right, you can come in. But I'm warning you son, don't you dare try to start anything."

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A nice sentiment Holmes, thanks for the jog & all the best to you & yours. You too Steve, thanks for the work in keeping ARC there for us.

Steve.

My pleasure Steve...your kind words are appreciated.