Star Wars E7: The Force Awakens- NOW WITH POLL

How do you Rank EP 7 out of a Possible 10  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rank from 1-10

• 10- OMG! Best Star Wars Ever!
    • 9- AWSOME, I want me a Kylo Ren Lightsaber!
    • 8- YES! Right up there with the OT
    • 7- I might even take my wife next weekend
    • 6- Strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark
    • 5- Pretty good popcorn flick
    • 4- Meh, it was ok.
    • 3-2-1- Do not like.

EDIT: POLL ADDED :trolls:/>/>

Newest trailer up.

:jaw-dropping:/>/>/>/>/>/>

I got all numb and tingly watching with a bit of tear in my eye. Feel like a kid again!

Edited by toadwbg

I'm approaching the movie with caution. Not getting my hopes up too high.

The prequels did damage to my Star Wars image.

Some observations:

1) The new bad guy looks like he could a cousin to that dude in 'The Fly' due to his helmet.

2) The lightsaber with the short light-thingy making a 'T' looks lame.

On a positive note:

1) The special effects looks awesome

2) The original characters appears to blend in with the storyline.

3) It appears they're using the X-Wing fighter more in this movie.

Edited by SBARC

I for one am more optimistic than ever about this movie after seeing the new trailer. So many story-line possibilities are hinted at but not much is given away. Is it possible Han and Leigh have twins? One being Kylo Ren and the other being Rey? Luke where for art thou? Is he the new leader on the dark side? Is he actually the hobbit in the desert like he mentioned jokingly at Comi-con and called on later to save the day again? whew...I think it's going to be great.

Bill

Looks very cool to me! IMHO they can't screw this up. Star Wars aficionados like to forget episodes 1-3 so if they drop the ball on 7 then they stand to lose a lot should they desire an 8th+ episode(s). From what I have seen in the trailers I am pretty optimistic. As an aside, the main antagonist (Kylo Ren) reminds me of Revan from the Old Republic, both in his attire (including mask) and stature.

Looking forward to it :thumbsup: !

Regards,

Don.

As an aside, the main antagonist (Kylo Ren) reminds me of Revan from the Old Republic, both in his attire (including mask) and stature.

I suppose I'm what's considered a Star Wars Fan light, in that I've never read any other novels, followed video game story lines or anything else beyond the 6 existing movies. I wish I knew more of the full SW world outside of those. But from what I've heard, it seems like they didn't treat anything other than the movies as canon and MAYBE pulled other story-line resources from whatever they felt like adding. It will interesting to see who's who and why. Honestly, I haven't geeked out over a movie in a very long time. I feel like I'm 9 again!

Bill

...I wish I knew more of the full SW world outside of those. But from what I've heard, it seems like they didn't treat anything other than the movies as canon and MAYBE pulled other story-line resources from whatever they felt like adding.

Bill

Not sure either myself. But this is Revan:

_927-_zps17cjn1b7.png

And this is Kylo Ren:

Kylo1.0_zpsknowvgyb.jpg

Similar. But Revan lived during the Mandelorian Wars of the Old Republic...before the Clone Wars...and died before the events of episode 4 (so we're told in the books). Ren just reminds me of him is all.

Should be good.

Regards,

Don.

Oh yeah, the resemblance is definitely there, no doubt about that.

Still wondering about a couple of lines in the trailer. "Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish what you started". On the surface it seems obvious he is supposed to be speaking to Darth Vader (or his ghost) but what if he isn't?

And the "Who are you?" "I'm nobody" in the beginning. Her looking up at a ship taking off with a look of wonderment. It had that same vibe as Luke wanting to get envolved but not really knowing who he was in the beginning. I think maybe she's thrust into the story just like Luke was and perhaps the staff thing she's carrying is what gets her pulled in.

Fun coming up with possibilities.

Edited by niart17

...Still wondering about a couple of lines in the trailer. "Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish what you started". On the surface it seems obvious he is supposed to be speaking to Darth Vader (or his ghost) but what if he isn't?

Fun coming up with possibilities.

Some online have been guessing that Kylo Ren is Luke. Interesting theory that I haven't really thought too much about. But The "Knights of Ren" are disciples of Darth Vader who essentially worshiped him and saw him as some sort of martyr after his death (possibly where people are trying to draw the connection to Luke... did Luke start the order of Ren?). So I believe he (Kylo Ren) is speaking to Vader and Vaders helmet is probably something akin to a religious artifact to Ren (and where did the helmet come from? Did Luke keep it as he was the only person to know what really happened to Vader, others possibly assuming he was destroyed in the 2nd Death Star with the Emperor). This is where the "I will finish what you started" line comes from IMHO. Who knows? I am just a big fan of the novels so I am probably reading too much into it (no pun intended). Btw there are a couple novels out now that fill in the blanks between Episode 6 and the up coming 7th (well at least they are half heartedly trying to fill in the blanks).

Fun stuff indeed. My 7 year old Son...a HUGE Star Wars Lego fan... is really pumped for this movie.

Cheers!

Don.

I wasn't very impressed with this trailer. The effects look great obviously but the glimpses of the story make me wonder. How is it that just 30-40 years later there would be people that wouldn't believe the force even existed? Or Jedi and Sith? 30-40 years is not that long. Look at how we think of WWII and that was double that amount of time. That was my main hang up of the trailer. I hope it's not cheesy.

I wasn't very impressed with this trailer. The effects look great obviously but the glimpses of the story make me wonder. How is it that just 30-40 years later there would be people that wouldn't believe the force even existed? Or Jedi and Sith? 30-40 years is not that long. Look at how we think of WWII and that was double that amount of time. That was my main hang up of the trailer. I hope it's not cheesy.

One of the main characters is living on an outlying world in a makeshift camp. I don't imagine she gets a lot of news. The other main character grew up as a soldier of the First Order, a fairly oppressive regime. I don't imagine Storm Troopers are told anything about their history save for some propaganda pertinent to the next action.

Keep in mind too that Return of the Jedi only established that the Emperor and Vader were defeated, clearly the 'Empire' itself survived (and became the First Order). Clamping down on information and stories that reflect poorly on the First Order was likely standard practice. Given what we know of fascist states, the naval battle at Endor was probably spun so as to be considered a great victory for the First Order.

With that, not knowing what happened 30 years ago at Endor probably isn't that much of a stretch.

Edited by RiderFan

Just go with it, I'm sure it will all be explained.

Been watching it on loop on my tv now as I only saw it on phone this morning.

Kylo Ren has almost shoulder length long hair. There may be something to him being Luke. But he doesn't look as thick as Mark Hammil has gotten.

Upon further review (and 10th viewing) whoever puts their metallic hand on R2D2s dome is most likely Luke.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I was around for the original trilogy and remember the pre-Internet days when we speculated and debated what was going to happen in ESB and ROTJ on the schoolyard or playground! Good times.

We had many a debate over who Princess Leia would settle with (Luke! LoL) or if Vader was lying about being Luke's father.

It's really funny how the Internet has changed us socialy.

Seeing it again, I have to wonder if that speech from Han about "it's all true" etc...might end with "I'm your father". Also, who had the Falcon before Han and Cheewie apparently return "home" to it? Was it maybe with Rey? it ends up with her on it, we only assume Han was flying it and picked her up. It could be the other way around. hmmm...

And the hand on Artoo... Why would it be mechanical looking when Luke's hand was much more normal? Could be damaged over time, sure, but might be just made to make one speculate that's Luke.

Seeing it again, I have to wonder if that speech from Han about "it's all true" etc...might end with "I'm your father". Also, who had the Falcon before Han and Cheewie apparently return "home" to it? Was it maybe with Rey? it ends up with her on it, we only assume Han was flying it and picked her up. It could be the other way around. hmmm...

There has been some footage with Daisy's character flying the falcon in the cockpit from the SD Comic-con reel. So this might be the case.

Luke is also missing from the official movie poster when all other characters are represented. Mark Hamel has his name in a prominent location but no Luke picture. I find that interesting...

As far as the mechanical hand reaching out for R2 goes, we are assuming Luke and odds are it is. I mean he and R2 were solidly linked in each movie from Episode 4 to 6. Never being too far from each other. Who else has such a close connection to R2 and has a mechanical hand? Anakin...:o...

:D

Fun stuff to speculate.

Regards,

Don.

Edited by Don

As far as the mechanical hand reaching out for R2 goes, we are assuming Luke and odds are it is. I mean he and R2 were solidly linked in each movie from Episode 4 to 6. Never being too far from each other. Who else has such a close connection to R2?

THREEPIO?

I suppose I'm what's considered a Star Wars Fan light, in that I've never read any other novels, followed video game story lines or anything else beyond the 6 existing movies. I wish I knew more of the full SW world outside of those. But from what I've heard, it seems like they didn't treat anything other than the movies as canon and MAYBE pulled other story-line resources from whatever they felt like adding. It will interesting to see who's who and why. Honestly, I haven't geeked out over a movie in a very long time. I feel like I'm 9 again!

Bill

Yeah, I understand that Abrams may have used the books for inspiration, but he is going in a different direction, much like what he did to Star Trek when he poo pooed the official canon right from the start.

Some online have been guessing that Kylo Ren is Luke. Interesting theory that I haven't really thought too much about. But The "Knights of Ren" are disciples of Darth Vader who essentially worshiped him and saw him as some sort of martyr after his death (possibly where people are trying to draw the connection to Luke... did Luke start the order of Ren?). So I believe he (Kylo Ren) is speaking to Vader and Vaders helmet is probably something akin to a religious artifact to Ren (and where did the helmet come from? Did Luke keep it as he was the only person to know what really happened to Vader, others possibly assuming he was destroyed in the 2nd Death Star with the Emperor). This is where the "I will finish what you started" line comes from IMHO. Who knows? I am just a big fan of the novels so I am probably reading too much into it (no pun intended). Btw there are a couple novels out now that fill in the blanks between Episode 6 and the up coming 7th (well at least they are half heartedly trying to fill in the blanks).

Fun stuff indeed. My 7 year old Son...a HUGE Star Wars Lego fan... is really pumped for this movie.

Cheers!

Don.

Been watching it on loop on my tv now as I only saw it on phone this morning.

Kylo Ren has almost shoulder length long hair. There may be something to him being Luke. But he doesn't look as thick as Mark Hammil has gotten.

Upon further review (and 10th viewing) whoever puts their metallic hand on R2D2s dome is most likely Luke.

After seeing the new trailer, at first I did start to think that Kylo Ren was Skywalker, but I remember the first trailer when he stated "I have the Force, my sister has it, you have it". That leads me to believe that either Rey or Finn (before you start with Finn is a clone, remember, Jengo Fett was supposed to be the original to the clone troopers) may be related to him.

As for Luke, maybe he went Yoda?