Star Wars E7: The Force Awakens- NOW WITH POLL

How do you Rank EP 7 out of a Possible 10  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rank from 1-10

• 10- OMG! Best Star Wars Ever!
    • 9- AWSOME, I want me a Kylo Ren Lightsaber!
    • 8- YES! Right up there with the OT
    • 7- I might even take my wife next weekend
    • 6- Strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark
    • 5- Pretty good popcorn flick
    • 4- Meh, it was ok.
    • 3-2-1- Do not like.

I actually had a guy at work tell me that T-shape was rediculous because that's not how lightsaber really work....

A high-speed toenail clipper?

Luke is also missing from the official movie poster when all other characters are represented. Mark Hamel has his name in a prominent location but no Luke picture. I find that interesting...

As far as the mechanical hand reaching out for R2 goes, we are assuming Luke and odds are it is. I mean he and R2 were solidly linked in each movie from Episode 4 to 6. Never being too far from each other. Who else has such a close connection to R2 and has a mechanical hand? Anakin...:o/>...

:D/>

Fun stuff to speculate.

Regards,

Don.

THREEPIO?

:jaw-dropping:/>...never even crossed my mind...good one :thumbsup:/> .

:)/>

I would think that threepio stayed with Leah with all of his linguistic abilities. And remember, R2 & Skywalker spent a good amount of X-wing and Snowspeeder time together.....

...Finn (before you start with Finn is a clone, remember, Jengo Fett was supposed to be the original to the clone troopers)

Clones, in terms of Stormtroopers, is irrelevant. Clones were no longer used as Stormtroopers after the Clone Wars due to their short shelf life. Their advanced aging meant their effectiveness was relatively short, so the Empire began to use humans as Stormtroopers. Notice also the height differences of the Troopers in the trailers. Clones would all be the same height, as they were in Episodes 1-3. So Finn for sure is not a clone but rather a human.

I still think there is something to the glaring absence of Luke on the official movie poster. What it means I have no idea as we are all just basically guessing? Perhaps its just to whip up more speculative talk and generate enthusiasm and interest prior to another poster being revealed closer to the movies actual release. Heck look at us...this has been a fun thread and its only been one day since the most recent trailer :P !

Cheers!

Don

:cheers:

If I had to take a wild guess, I would make an assumption that in some part of the plot, Han and Chewie meet the girl and the black guy while searching the galaxy for Luke who went all Yoda on everyone and disappeared.

Some random thoughts:

Yoda went into hiding due to the Dark Side hunting down and killing the Jedis.

What might be a reason for Luke to disappear?

Is the young gal an offspring of Luke or Leah?

Is the young black guy an offspring of Samuel Jackson's Jedi character?

My son and I will probably watch the movie via IMAX.

Is the young black guy an offspring of Samuel Jackson's Jedi character?

IF, and I do mean IF, JJ used the Jedi canon, the answer would be no because Jedi Warriors were forbidden to have families.

IF, and I do mean IF, JJ used the Jedi canon, the answer would be no because Jedi Warriors were forbidden to have families.

Wars not make one so great. But I'm guessing the Jedi mind trick was a hit with the ladies if you know what I mean...

Ah; Interesting.

So Anakin broke the rules when he had the twins?

Anak in breaking the rules was part of his downfall. Breaking the rules and "doing what he must" is one of the few lessons he learned from Qui-Gon in his short time with him.

....this is the six inches that you were looking for......

....hey baby, want to whip out my light sabre......

.....hey baby, want to see me "use the force".....

Edited by Johnopfor

3) It appears this Star Wars installment is going the 'affirmative action' route because it appears the main character is an African American/black dude.

I get Matt Damon vibes off the guy.

I'd love to see them remake Episodes 1-3 true to cannon. (Wanna talk about racist stereotypes, let's review Episode 1.)

Have they managed to put out a Blu-ray of the theatrical versions of 4-6, both original (with visible special-effects boxes) and/or cleaned-up?

Edited by Horrido

Have they managed to put out a Blu-ray of the theatrical versions of 4-6, both original (with visible special-effects boxes) and/or cleaned-up?

Sort of... There is the "De-Specialized Edition" you can find online and other sources. Not an official Lucasfilm/Disney product.

Long ago, I had a VHS copy of the Laserdisk that IMHO, was the best "oritional" version in existence.

...uh VHS. That brings back bad memories. Worst media ever?

Edited by toadwbg

Sort of... There is the "De-Specialized Edition" you can find online and other sources. Not an official Lucasfilm/Disney product.

Long ago, I had a VHS copy of the Laserdisk that IMHO, was the best "oritional" version in existence.

I still have the original Star Wars (1977) on BetaMax. No way to play it and it sits in a box with my vinyl records.

Pretty good breakdown of the trailer:

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/10/19/everything-the-star-wars-trailer-tells-us-about-force-awakens/?cmp=emc|insider|natural|disney-insider|2015-10-20|insider|hero

Confirms that Adam Driver is Kylo Ren and who some of the voice-overs were (Leia: “The Force, it’s calling to you. Just let it in.”

Pretty good breakdown of the trailer:

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/10/19/everything-the-star-wars-trailer-tells-us-about-force-awakens/?cmp=emc|insider|natural|disney-insider|2015-10-20|insider|hero

Confirms that Adam Driver is Kylo Ren and who some of the voice-overs were (Leia: “The Force, it’s calling to you. Just let it in.”

Yup, it was confirmed Kylo Ren was Adam Driver a while back. Not sure if it was before the Comic-con but it was for sure known at that time. That's when one audience member asked if Kylo Ren was evil. His answer was interesting. If you're interested there is some video of the Star Wars panel discussion on the youtubes.

Bill

...uh VHS. That brings back bad memories. Worst media ever?

I'm hopeful that now that Disney has rights, they'll decide to release the original trilogy in it's theatrical form, if for anything for the sake of historical reference. I sort of get that George Lucas wasn't as happy as he'd like with the original releases and felt it was better with his later changes (I disagree with him, but understand). I think as model builders we all understand always having something we don't like about our work. But Star Wars has become a huge part of pop culture history and the original films need to be preserved just as much as Gone With the Wind or the Maltese Falcon or any other great classic so future film students and lovers can appreciate it's craft. That's my opinion anyway.

Bill

Some entertaining reading for those so inclined:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Luke-Skywalker-Isn-t-Kylo-Ren-Right-89247.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Kylo-Ren-Luke-Skywalker-Have-Common-76687.html

Personally I think any connection Luke may have to Kylo Ren is potentially being his master. I don't see Luke as Kylo Ren and not just because of Driver being named (stranger things have been done when it comes to movies) but because it would be kind of anticlimactic and somewhat predictable. Perhaps Luke created the "Knights of Ren" in exile (by choice like Yoda or perhaps not by choice for whatever reason we are not aware of yet)? Perhaps Kylo Ren (Knights of the order take on the surname "Ren") went rogue or completely to the dark side on Luke? Perhaps Lukes role in this movie is rather minor...a few mentions or an appearance towards the end...building up to another installment? Who knows? Cool speculating though.

Regards,

Don.

One of the main characters is living on an outlying world in a makeshift camp. I don't imagine she gets a lot of news. The other main character grew up as a soldier of the First Order, a fairly oppressive regime. I don't imagine Storm Troopers are told anything about their history save for some propaganda pertinent to the next action.

Keep in mind too that Return of the Jedi only established that the Emperor and Vader were defeated, clearly the 'Empire' itself survived (and became the First Order). Clamping down on information and stories that reflect poorly on the First Order was likely standard practice. Given what we know of fascist states, the naval battle at Endor was probably spun so as to be considered a great victory for the First Order.

With that, not knowing what happened 30 years ago at Endor probably isn't that much of a stretch.

I've always thought about that since I was a kid. How could the entire Galactic Empire crumble by losing just ONE battle. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Well hopefully it won't be some obscure connection if there is one...like "I am your second cousin once removed...on your mom's side". It just doesn't have the same ring as "I am your father!" :woot.gif:/>

They already covered that part of it in "Spaceballs"!

Eric

I always thought that stories about how a falling empire would crumble slowly after the death of their emperor. I thought from a modeling point of view, it would be cool to show how some of the once pristine well equipped storm troopers would have had to scrounge and make do with minimal supplies and worn out equipment. Like the rebels in reverse after the battle of Endor. I mean surely the war didn't just stop.