Star Wars E7: The Force Awakens- NOW WITH POLL

How do you Rank EP 7 out of a Possible 10  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rank from 1-10

• 10- OMG! Best Star Wars Ever!
    • 9- AWSOME, I want me a Kylo Ren Lightsaber!
    • 8- YES! Right up there with the OT
    • 7- I might even take my wife next weekend
    • 6- Strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark
    • 5- Pretty good popcorn flick
    • 4- Meh, it was ok.
    • 3-2-1- Do not like.

The last thread got a bit...derailed. I'm not judging. Let's try Take 2. This is too great of a cultural phenomenon to not discuss here at ARC. Besides, models might be involved! :trolls:

Do yourself a favor and watch the "Supercut" trailer which edits all the previous 3 trailers/teasers into one. This edit helps put some flow into the script without any spoilers beyond what you have already seen:

Also for a good laugh, watch some of the Fan reactions to the trailers. Total NERDGASMS! Again, not judging as I would fit right in with these folk!

Where's our Star Wars Emoticon? can we get this as an X-wing fighter?

:smiley-transport006:

I'm so glad no one video me during my reactions to the trailers! Toad, i think at one point you mentioned that these trailers make you feel like a kid again....I know what you mean! If it wasn't you then the sentiment remains the same. By the way, the Bandai kits are AMAZING!!! The only problem they have is, at least for the figures, is the toy like look of the joints to make them articulated. Still, they look awesome and with a little bit of TLC they look fantastic. I have the Scout Trooper with the Speeder Bike and Boba Fett. I love them. I'm curious to see how well they will do in a competition, concerning the toy like joint appearance.

Edited by gonzalo

You know who I want to see, for some reason beyond my comprehension, Admiral Ackbar! "IT"S A TRAP!!" I hope he makes a cameo. Let's face it he orchestrated the attack on Endor. Small role, pivotal part of the movie. Which by the way, it was the Forest Moon of Endor right? Where was the planet that Endor was orbiting around? Or does an object not need to orbit another larger object to be considered a moon? But, wouldn't it then be considered a planet?

The last thread got a bit...derailed. I'm not judging. Let's try Take 2. This is too great of a cultural phenomenon to not discuss here at ARC. Besides, models might be involved! :trolls:/>

Do yourself a favor and watch the "Supercut" trailer which edits all the previous 3 trailers/teasers into one. This edit helps put some flow into the script without any spoilers beyond what you have already seen:

Also for a good laugh, watch some of the Fan reactions to the trailers. Total NERDGASMS! Again, not judging as I would fit right in with these folk!

Where's our Star Wars Emoticon? can we get this as an X-wing fighter?

:smiley-transport006:/>

Thank you for resurrecting this subject. Was highly disappointed this AM to find Take 1 was locked to due shenanigans by the usual suspects. The last two SW movies did little for me, this one is different. I'm pumped!

You know who I want to see, for some reason beyond my comprehension, Admiral Ackbar! "IT"S A TRAP!!" I hope he makes a cameo. Let's face it he orchestrated the attack on Endor. Small role, pivotal part of the movie. Which by the way, it was the Forest Moon of Endor right? Where was the planet that Endor was orbiting around? Or does an object not need to orbit another larger object to be considered a moon? But, wouldn't it then be considered a planet?

I have read MULTIPLE pre-Disney "cannon" explanations about Endor, take your pic:

• Orbits a larger gas giant (Endor) out of screen, this is the Forest moon of Endor
  • Endor is a lost moon from a dissapeared planet (worst one I've read)
  • Death Star 2 is the "moon" or Endor

I'm sure there are more explanations our there...

I have read MULTIPLE pre-Disney "cannon" explanations about Endor, take your pic:

• Orbits a larger gas giant (Endor) out of screen, this is the Forest moon of Endor
  • Endor is a lost moon from a dissapeared planet (worst one I've read)
  • Death Star 2 is the "moon" or Endor

I'm sure there are more explanations our there...

I'm really digging the X-Wing fighter flying just above water scene.

Reminds me of the Mosquito flying low in the Shell House Raid documentary.

Also; In one official trailer Luke speaks of who has The Force.

When it came time to mention himself, the trailer showed R2D2 being touched by someone with a right mech. hand and wearing a black hooded robe.

Was that a black robe?

Any parallels here?

ENDOR: THE ORIGINAL ANSWER

I have in my hands now the original printing of Return of the Jedi, published in 1983 with the release of the movie, and purchased that same summer by a 12-yr old "me".

On page 1, 3rd paragraph: "AT the feathered edge of the galaxy, the Death Star floated in stationary orbit above the green moon Endor -- a moon whose mother planet had long since died of unknown cataclysm and disappared into unknown realms."

ENDOR: THE ORIGINAL ANSWER

I have in my hands now the original printing of Return of the Jedi, published in 1983 with the release of the movie, and purchased that same summer by a 12-yr old "me".

On page 1, 3rd paragraph: "AT the feathered edge of the galaxy, the Death Star floated in stationary orbit above the green moon Endor -- a moon whose mother planet had long since died of unknown cataclysm and disappared into unknown realms."

Can't argue with the source. The science on the other hand....

Wouldn't a former moon in its own stable orbit be a... planet? Oh heck, Han also made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs...

Edited by toadwbg

The last thread got a bit...derailed. I'm not judging. Let's try Take 2. This is too great of a cultural phenomenon to not discuss here at ARC. Besides, models might be involved! :trolls:

I cleaned up the first thread and combined the 2 threads to keep the topic going smoothly.

I'm a Star wars fan but have never read the books or comic books so my knowledge base pales compared to most of you.

Having said that...the "t" shaped light sabre reminds me of the sword used by the Knights Templar and considering their devotion to their cause etc.....it seems like Disney is trying to model the Jedi Knights after the very devoted Knights Templar. I'm not trying to drag religion into this.....but the devotion the Knight Templar and Jedi Knights had to their respective causes was much alike.

As a side note.....the Jolly Rogers flag was created by the Knights Templar to use on their ships to warn people note to try and attack their ships. Many people after them adopted the Jolly Rogers flag.....but it was the Knights Templar that created it.

I'm quite excited about this new movie.....this is an interesting discussion for me and helps pass the time until the movie launches.

Thank the Maker (SBARC)!

One thing I found missing in the Prequel Trilogy was the perspective of the droids R2 and 3PO. They are the first characters we met in ANH (Episode 4) and besides the overarching Skywalker Family going to the Dark Side plot, the story is pretty much from their perspective.

Sure R2 and 3PO were in the Prequels but HORRIBLY used. The worst was at the droid factory. None of their diolog or humor worked for me in the Prequels.

I wonder how the droids will play out in the new trilogy? They will shown in some capacity per the previews and there is a new droid side-kick: BB8. Hope that turns out well.

Edited by toadwbg

BB8: Interesting droid design, Rolls like a ball. The Sphereo toy looks pretty neat.

I hope they figure out to use this character out well as they did R2 in the OT. I recall at the age of 4 when Episode 4 came out in 1977: I never questioned that R2 and 3PO WEREN'T real charachters. They totally sold me on those 2. I didn't see them as props, special effects, or tools- they were as real as Luke or Han Solo to me.

Edited by toadwbg

Thank the Maker (SBARC)!

One thing I found missing in the Prequel Trilogy was the perspective of the droids R2 and 3PO. They are the first characters we met in ANH (Episode 4) and besides the overarching Skywalker Family going to the Dark Side plot, the story is pretty much from their perspective.

Sure R2 and 3PO were in the Prequels but HORRIBLY used. The worst was at the droid factory. None of their diolog or humor worked for me in the Prequels.

I wonder how the droids will play out in the new trilogy? They will shown in some capacity per the previews and there is a new droid side-kick: BB8. Hope that turns out well.

Very true on the way the droids were portrayed in the prequels. Along those same lines, the major failing of the prequels was that Anakin never did show any traits that would later manifest in the Vader we all know and love. Where was the flair for the dramatic, like waiting for Han and Leia in Empire? "We would be honored, if you would join us." They never seemed like they were ever the same person.

Very true on the way the droids were portrayed in the prequels. Along those same lines, the major failing of the prequels was that Anakin never did show any traits that would later manifest in the Vader we all know and love. Where was the flair for the dramatic, like waiting for Han and Leia in Empire? "We would be honored, if you would join us." They never seemed like they were ever the same person.

The Vader we "know" was a calm cool intelligently evil manipulative monster. The Vader we were shown in the prequels was an immature little brat. Where they failed is there needs to be a movie between episode 3 and 4 to show Vader taking control of the galaxy and losing his humanity entirely.

The Vader we "know" was a calm cool intelligently evil manipulative monster. The Vader we were shown in the prequels was an immature little brat. Where they failed is there needs to be a movie between episode 3 and 4 to show Vader taking control of the galaxy and losing his humanity entirely.

THIS!

actually I think Disney is already considering this and have stated interest.