Will Trumpeter revisit the thought of a Nanchang Q-5/A-5 Fantan?

Years back Trumpeter stated a future release of a 1/32 scale Nanchang Q-5/A-5 Fantan but nothing happened. Will they revisit the idea but maybe in 1/48 and/or 1/72 like they did with the Shenyang J-8/F-8 II Finbacks. I'd like to see more indigenous legacy PLAAF aircraft.

Q-5 and new MiG-19 will be very welcome - old KP and Bilek are just so obsolete

I've been waiting for them to do these two jets in 72nd scale for years. As mentioned in this thread, they seem to do a pretty good job with Chinese subjects. I'm in for a couple of each! Fred K.

I'd love to have a 1/48 Fantan. I'm absolutely shocked Trumpeter hasn't done one already, being as it's one of the most important Chinese types of the past 40 years.

It's also why I'm so baffled they haven't made one. Being their first indigenously developed aircraft that helped lead their aviation industry to where it is now. Hopefully, Trumpeter will finally take notice to the importance of the Fantan and immortalize it in an injection plastic kit.

There is the 1/48 FanTan of the AA kit - not great, but I picked it up cheap and plan to bash it with the Mig-19 kit. It checks out well against the drawings, but I am not nitpicking it for panel line or access panel location. It has recessed panel lines but they will need to be rescribed. Kind of reminds me of a A-model kit.

The Fantan isn't a "must have" for me, but for those who do desperately want one: have you emailed Trumpeter to ask them about it? I like to contact modelmakers whenever I have something pop up on my radar to at least suggest it to them.

The Fantan isn't a "must have" for me, but for those who do desperately want one: have you emailed Trumpeter to ask them about it? I like to contact modelmakers whenever I have something pop up on my radar to at least suggest it to them.

To be honest i have yet to heard that anyone has received a reply back from Trumpeter/HB on any matter. They are famously impossible to get replacement parts from directly and i never got any reply back from them when i have contacted them either.

To be honest i have yet to heard that anyone has received a reply back from Trumpeter/HB on any matter. They are famously impossible to get replacement parts from directly and i never got any reply back from them when i have contacted them either.

Far better if someone like AMK did it, anyway.