CD48102 - F-104C in Vietnam

Yes!!! This is great. If this sells well, would you consider doing ADC and ANG F-104s????

Corey in Colorado

And ADC/ANG F-104 sheet is definitely a possibility for later in the year. I will be scaling down the Vietnam sheet to 1/72 as well.

The '104 really captured my imagination as a kid (and the Hawk kit was one of my first models) - it just looked so damn awesome. And it still does :)

Thanks Kursad - more stuff to buy...

Hitch

The '104 really captured my imagination as a kid (and the Hawk kit was one of my first models) - it just looked so damn awesome. And it still does :)/>

Thanks Kursad - more stuff to buy...

Hitch

You don't know what an airshow is unless you've seen a 104 streak by with the sound trailing well behind it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kursad -

I don't know if you'd have the option to add these to another sheet. But you're TAC emblem / lightning bolt are some of the nicest I've seen. Those were common in the 60's on gray or silver USAF jets (F-4, F-100, F-104, F-105), and all look to be the same size. It'd be great to have more of those for that colorful era.

With Cartograf being so nicely printed, it'd be really nice to have a large selection of data, warnings, TAC, SAC, MAC, ATC badges - stuff that's all too often missing on decals sheets for subjects you (or others) haven't covered.

Just a thought.

Hitch

Edited by GEH737

I don't know if you'd have the option to add these to another sheet. But you're TAC emblem / lightning bolt are some of the nicest I've seen. Those were common in the 60's on gray or silver USAF jets (F-4, F-100, F-104, F-105), and all look to be the same size. It'd be great to have more of those for that colorful era.

With Cartograf being so nicely printed, it'd be really nice to have a large selection of data, warnings, TAC, SAC, MAC, ATC badges - stuff that's all too often missing on decals sheets for subjects you (or others) haven't covered.

Hi Hitch,

I think such a sheet would be a good idea - I have drawn most of the common command markings through the years, and a general-purpose sheet like this would be helpful to many. There is the problem of covering the entire range of common sizes, etc.

For a long time I have been planning to create a second, low-cost line of general purpose markings (serials, unit badges, national insignia etc.) under the Altimeter Decals brand; but just did not have the time to launch it. Maybe this would be a good fit for the Altimeter line when I finally get around to launching it.

Kursad, if I may, a couple more items that would come in handy for many modelers: standard tail-hook striping! Just a whole sheet of black stripes on white at the proper interval for the different scales. I think, but am not sure, that the width of the stripes was uniform on all U.S. Navy tail hooks in the jet era. The modeler only would have to cut out a section and apply to the kit tail hook!

And, while we're at it, how about red and white stripe decals for USAF instrument/pitot booms like those found on many F-102s, F-104s, and F-106s? There was a lot of variation on these though, some alternate rings, some spirals, some narrow, some wide - photos reveal all.

I personally find painting the stripes on tail hooks and instrument booms a real pain in the tukus and am always thankful when decal stripes are included in kits.

Kursad, if I may, a couple more items that would come in handy for many modelers: standard tail-hook striping! Just a whole sheet of black stripes on white at the proper interval for the different scales.

Apologies to Kursad/Caracal for posting this on his forum, but to save potential waste in time/money I wanted to mention that I'm doing a small stand-alone sheet for just the tailhook striping in 3 scales, just the hooks though, not the USAF booms/probes striping that Paul also brought up.

Hi Paul,

It sounds like a good idea, and I will add landing hook stripes and instrumentation/pitot boom markings on a sheet in the low cost general markings line I am planning.