Eagle Aviation books: Viper Under The Skin

Hello Guys,

I recently had an opportunity to purchase several aviation books that are a great source for modeling reference, both in-depth detail and over all subject viewing. I had not heard of this company until recently and from what I can see they are off to a great start. The company is base out of Greece, thus covering variety of Hellenic Air Force aircraft's. These books are well illustrated with clean and sharp photographs. The author/publisher is a model builder, thus the exposure of the subjects are illustrated from a modelers point of view. By a modeler for a modellers.

In the end, it was money well spent and a great addition to my personal library. I cannot wait to see their next publication and from what I understand it will be F-4 Phantom Under the Skin, and A-7 Corsair Under the Skin. These books can be purchased directly from the author...

Ioannis K. Lekkas

http://www.eagleaviation.gr/

+306973338930

050_zpscv4nehoi.jpg

I cannot say enough about the great photography in these books, so its better I let you view some samples of it for yourself...(btw, I'm not in any way, shape, or form connected to Mr. Lekkas or his business and receiving any royalties or product in exchange for this review. I'm just a happy customer looking to share information on these great books with my fellow modelers.)

F-16 Fighting Falcon - Viper Under the Skin

Soft Cover: 100 pages, 400+ photographs

ISBN 978-618-81376-4-6

001_zpsqjqwmenj.jpg

002_zpsbgoz7bwj.jpg

009_zpslijrzmcy.jpg

010_zpshv1bbjdn.jpg

004_zpsuircuztc.jpg

This book covers live weapons...

011_zpsiluhjvxd.jpg

012_zpso2hm0080.jpg

013_zpskycdnzaj.jpg

Next book...

348 Squadron 60 Years Eyes In The Sky

Soft Cover: 80 pages

ISBN 978-960-93-5274-1

It's the only book I'm aware of that covers RF-4 Phantoms

015_zpshtygpsu9.jpg

016_zpsndnbzemk.jpg

017_zpsavl3kscr.jpg

018_zpseu5dympq.jpg

021_zpscf3pmarb.jpg

020_zpsjjtlfj8y.jpg

022_zpshdqsmvo3.jpg

024_zps4rty59xl.jpg

Edited by Youngtiger1
  • 3 months later...

Silly question (most likely stupid) on my part, but is this only specific to Hellenic aircraft?

Yes and No. Aircrafts in Hellenic Air Force service from different blocks 30, 50, 52M have been photographed and external as well as internal details are shown. Especially the latter are common to the vast majority of the Vipers in service with the rest of the Air Forces across the world.

In regards to the F-4 Phantom Under the Skin, again, the AUP version has been photographed extensively. The AUP (Avionics Upgrade Programme) allows the reader to enjoy photos of the aircraft getting to know details about any gun nosed Phantom.

Hope this answers your question.

Btw: There are no silly questions, only silly responses... :-)

Edited by Ilias