Guys, Gals can we please ditch the huge

Pretty sure 562x374 pix > 750x150...

I guess that the number of pixels, i.e. data size was not the original intent for limiting size of signature in forums.

I believe the height limit is set so the threads can be followed more easily. If a signature is too large (in height), there is a too large gap between the posts, making it diffucult to read. Some forums even don't allow more than 3 "on the bench " lines just for that reason.

Also, depending if the image in a banner is either gif, jpg or bmp, there is a huge difference in data size, although all three images are the same number of pixels.

On my computer monitor, red doesn't show up very well. Something to do with bad pixals or something. So could we ban using that color? Unless I'm on my wife's laptop, then it's ok. And I really don't like words that start with the letter Q. It's hard for me to read when I have my computer set-up with small fonts and I have to try to understand what an ouater panel is because the Q looks like an O. :bandhead2:/>/>/>

I haven't read enough lame and completely irrelevant examples just yet, could you give me some more? You do realize that there are clear guidelines for use of banners? It is literally as simple as that; people following rules of the forum. And it is not like they are unreasonable, many seem to follow them just fine.

I guess that the number of pixels, i.e. data size was not the original intent for limiting size of signature in forums.

I believe the height limit is set so the threads can be followed more easily. If a signature is too large (in height), there is a too large gap between the posts, making it diffucult to read. Some forums even don't allow more than 3 "on the bench " lines just for that reason.

Also, depending if the image in a banner is either gif, jpg or bmp, there is a huge difference in data size, although all three images are the same number of pixels.

Yes data size in terms of how many kb's signature picture is is not very important for anyone with decent connection that is not a dial up. Which applies to 100% of all ARC'ers i am sure. It has everything to do with the signature pictures not being too large and taking up too much space.

Edited by Berkut

I haven't read enough lame and completely irrelevant examples just yet, could you give me some more?

Oh I'm sure I could but I have to go complain to the city about my neighbors choice of door color right now. I'll try to get back with some later on. :thumbsup: (BTW, I am just joking around all in good fun. I'm not intending to insult anyone.)

Just because one can disable signatures does not mean that those that do not should have half of their screen filled by junk. As even this thread has demonstrated...

Pretty sure 562x374 pix > 750x150... Ironically vince14's signature gif is slightly too large too...

I've seen 3 Sig's with in this thread that are over sized, also multi banner sig's must not exceed the 150X750 size limit, so stacking 3 banners on top of each other is still considered oversize. Animated Gif's are very distracting and were not meant to be used as Sig's.

I haven't read enough lame and completely irrelevant examples just yet, could you give me some more? You do realize that there are clear guidelines for use of banners? It is literally as simple as that; people following rules of the forum. And it is not like they are unreasonable, many seem to follow them just fine.

I was going to comment but I see you've got it handled.

Edited by Netz

I just thought of something.

In the 2+ years I've been here the multi-quote button never worked.

If it had, that would cut my post count by at least a third. It would be a much longer post, but only one.

Are you sure it doesn't work? w00t.gif

Click multi-quote in the first post you want to quote

Click multi-quote in the second post you want to quote

Click the "Add Reply" button at the very very bottom...it is next the the "Start New Topic" button

It took me years and years to figure it out. I'm not so great at computers it seems. laugh.gif

Well looky here smile.gif !

I finally learned how to use the multi-quote.

Thanks for explaining it 271.gif .

Not to sound dense, but I thought I've seen folks parse up a single post into individual snippets and add replies to each portion, all in one post.

You click the "Reply" button in the lower right corner of said post, which brings up the reply box and the post from the person in question is in the (quote) - using square brackets, not conventional - boxes. If you want to split it up you just need to add your own quote boxes around each section... square brackets around "quote" to start each section, and square brackets around "/quote" to close each section.

How is that done?

Reply to this post and look at where I've placed the (quote) tags. :)

Not to sound dense,

but I thought I've seen folks parse up a single post
into individual snippets and add replies to each portion

all in one post.

How is that done?

Like that? biggrin.gif/>

Here's what the code looks like: (wherever there's a % sign replace it with the [ and an & with ] , only way I can figure out how to show the code)

%quote name='11bee' timestamp='1446299889' post='2754257'&

Not to sound dense, %/quote&

%quote&

all in one post.

How is that done?

%/quote&

The first "quote" in brackets opens up the quotation formatting and putting "/quote" in brackets at the end closes the quote.

Ken

Like that? biggrin.gif/>

Here's what the code looks like: (wherever there's a % sign replace it with the [ and an & with ] , only way I can figure out how to show the code)

I think...

The first "quote" in brackets opens up the quotation formatting and putting "/quote" in brackets at the end closes the quote.

Ken

I've got it!

Thanks guys!