35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite TIE type?

• Classic TIE Fighter
    • TIE Advanced (Vader's mount)
    • TIE Interceptor
    • TIE Bomber

Y'all outta of your minds. The bomber is the best version.

For bombing, yes! :rofl:

Seriously, though, I remember the stir it caused among my kid-friends when Empire came out; a legitimate new machine, clearly a TIE. Was a serious "neat-o" factor that the Interceptor never got, at least within my little circle.

Needas personal shuttle in question was a Lambda Class rather then the TIE. Senior officers only used Lambda's due to their being more spacious and befit their status (and the Empire was all about status, opulence, style etc). Now...since this discussion it peaked my interest so I went looking at my various Star Wars movie/reference books. During the HOTH campaign there was a shortage of Lambda Class shuttles and some senior officers were forced to use the lesser class TIE's. So in Needas case he may have fell into this category, having his personal and usual Lambda Class shuttle impressed into service in other areas. So in that regard I indeed may have misspoke and been in error.

:cheers:

Edited by Don
  • 2 weeks later...

You asked for "favorite" not "best," so... TIE Fighter. I loved LucasArts' TIE Fighter, and had a blast in XvT flying the TIE Fighter against even more modern, heavily shielded craft. Relying on maneuverability and piloting to avoid damage and all the while honing your shots to make every pull of the trigger count...

I reckon it's akin to Sakai strapping himself into a Zero fighter in WW2 -- an extension of the self, and a tool, but not able to take much damage at all.

• 3 weeks later...