A little something different. People I worked with and people and things caught by my camera:

The Law Enforcement flight I worked with at U-Tapao:

scan0005.jpg

scan0127-1.jpg

A Air Base Defense jeep outside Defense Control

scan0141-1.jpg

A A.P.C. helps pull a grass cutting tractor out of a ditch.

scan0088-3.jpg

The only American woman assigned to U-T. She worked in graphics and after remembering the last ditch defense plan, a friend and I decided to train her with as many weapons as our commander would allow.

scan0083-3.jpg

Two Thai A.F. police we worked with on the gates.

scan0275.jpg

A Thai Guard waiting for his two G.I.s to come out of control. If you look closely you can see his lunch hanging from his belt.

scan0018-3.jpg

ne of our vehicle maintenance guys at U-T.

scan0145-1.jpg

We received complaints about speeding vehicles near the Thai hangers on our base so we set up a timing device that used mirrors and a stop watch. This system was used before vehicle radar was available.

The very first vehicle, a Thai Land Cruiser, swerved in close and its draft pulled the whole thing down. Korat

scan0133.jpg

Alpha 2 S.A.T. on patrol. Korat

I appreciate you sharing your memories with us, I enjoy seeing these pictures. Though I was just a young kid in the early 70's I remember seeing a lot of these vehicles in the armory we had across the street from my house in Jersey.

Robert

• 5 years later...

I am trying to find information about UTapao.  My father, Robert Cummings, was TDY there back in 1969.  He was a vehicle mechanic.

I am trying to find out where the motor pool, where I assume he worked, was located, and about the location of billeting, etc.  If you have pictures that show these areas I would greatly appreciate any help.

Dad now has Parkinson's and is quickly deteriorating.