1/72 F-106A by Meng

Finishing up their F-102 kit, it is a pretty nice kit. Good details without being too complex or over engineered. Will definitely have an eye on the F-106... And interesting to see the continuation of spy wars between Trumpeter and Meng. :D

I don't know about Meng, but I know other new players seem to pretty much not care what Trumpet Boss (or others) does, since so much of it is so bad. They don't seem to be averse to repeating subject matter, but getting it right.

I don't know about Meng, but I know other new players seem to pretty much not care what Trumpet Boss (or others) does, since so much of it is so bad. They don't seem to be averse to repeating subject matter, but getting it right.

I've heard nothing but good things about their 1/48 scale F-106.

YES! Finally! I've been waiting for this announcement for 20 years! I've built several of the Meng F-102s now, and they really are nice kits. As mentioned by Berkut above, they're nicely done, and not over engineered, and they make for a nice relaxing build. I'll be down for at least six of them. Way to go Meng! I'll be skipping the Trumpeter kit though, unless they do a B, and Meng doesn't. Now if someone(besides Trumpeter) would just released a new tool 72nd and 32nd scale F-5E/F, I could die happy! Fred K.

Edited by f5guy

A new 1/72 F-106A from MENG is exceedingly good news!

I bought a trio of their F-102A, and am glad they are bringing us more century series jets.

On a separate note, I've been building a Revell-Monogram 1/48 F-106A these few weeks, and am impressed with the kit apart from the tricky parts breakdown of the upper fuselage - lower fuselage & wing components.

Personally feel that the old Monogram kit is hard to beat, detail wise until MENG came along.

A new 1/72 F-106A from MENG is exceedingly good news!

I bought a trio of their F-102A, and am glad they are bringing us more century series jets.

On a separate note, I've been building a Revell-Monogram 1/48 F-106A these few weeks, and am impressed with the kit apart from the tricky parts breakdown of the upper fuselage - lower fuselage & wing components.

Personally feel that the old Monogram kit is hard to beat, detail wise until MENG came along.

Yes the Monogram kit is still good for a 30 plus year old kit.I only bought 1 Trumpeter kit the F-106B because I did not have the conversion kit.

Looks very nice, thanks for the link. I am not sure there is much point in the full intakes (their F-102 kit doesn't have them and doesn't suffer from it) but i guess as long as it doesn't affect the fit it doesnt hurt. Nice to see them including everything that is offered in resin in plastic too. I am not very interested in the electronics bay but i like having option to display the radar dish myself.

I just hope the avionics panels fit (perfectly) when closed. The intakes on the Deuce are much smaller than the Six. In 1/72 I'm not sure you need full trunking, but I'll take it! Nice to see they included the Six Shooter missile bay door. Not visible in the photos is the clear sprue. I hope they included early and late style main canopies. To do early (early) airplanes you'd need F-102 style main wheels and the subsonic F-102 style drop tanks, but it does appear they've included both the early and late spine inserts (early without and late with air refueling receptacle).

Really excited to see this in the flesh! Should be soon!

LOTS of Six decals coming from fundekals! Stand by!

J