1/72 F-106A by Meng

WOW!!! We have always used the term Tamigawa to refer to the cream of the modelling crop, BUT we should change that to MENG!!!!

This kit is fantastic, let's vote it kit of the year already!!

Can't wait to get one, and that's just to start, look at all those schemes Jennings is giving us!! :woot.gif:

Here's the Hase rebox with the 318th markings modified slightly. I wanted to do the one with the commander's (?) stripes on it and changed the serial.

HasF-106Aweb.jpg

Very Nice as always Paul. I look forward to this kit. This will build up nicely with my 1/144 Revell F-106 w/ Retrofit resin cockpit!

Steve

I've probably built 10-12 Hasegawa kits over the years, but it's amazing how dated looking it is now :)

Paul - do you have any pics of that airplane with the stripes???

Edited by Jennings

I've probably built 10-12 Hasegawa kits over the years, but it's amazing how dated looking it is now :)/>

Paul - do you have any pics of that airplane with the stripes???

Nope. I followed the color profile in Squad/Sig's Century Series book. Yeah, I know, it might be in error, but I like it.

WOW!!! We have always used the term Tamigawa to refer to the cream of the modelling crop, BUT we should change that to MENG!!!!

Yeah, kind of interesting the way the landscape is changing. The traditional big names are pulling back on new releases, while new names are coming out with a flood of amazing stuff.

For that matter, you hear an awful lot of comments criticizing garbage Chinese kits, and yet: Meng, AMK and GWH. (and Takom, and DML, and...)

Also,

Paul hit it pretty much dead on.

318th-FIS-F-106A-Late-Markings-Side-View-Drawing-jpg_zpse5mdvyr2.jpg

They totally stole that from Voss:

59_56.jpg

:D

I would imagine that whatever does get done, there will be those who lament those that did not...

I believe I saw in the pictures on Hyperscale - what looked like intake covers - which would be a really nice addition - and would be great to have in every jet kit :)

Jennings: I don't suppose you might do a Montana ANG option for it at some point, would you?

Yep. If I can find out for *certain* whether the rumor I've read is true - that the unit markings on the exterior were actually *metallic* blue!

Anyone have any hard info?

J

Here are some more I've been working on. And again, this is just a small sample. We'll be doing some variations on some of these as options (I personally hate the sight of a TAC badge on an F-106!) :)

And note - our decals will be specifically sized and fitted to the contours of the Meng kit!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_17_at_4_37_42_PM.png

Edited by Jennings
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are some more I've been working on. And again, this is just a small sample. We'll be doing some variations on some of these as options (I personally hate the sight of a TAC badge on an F-106!) :)

And note - our decals will be specifically sized and fitted to the contours of the Meng kit!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_17_at_4_37_42_PM.png

Aaand that's the one! I Gotta Have It! :yahoo: