CD72046 - DHC-6 Twin Otter

• 7 months later...

Been looking forward to the Otter sheet for a little while now, so I was pleased to at least find this ARC topic with some of the potential subjects discussed.

Is there any interest or plans to do a civilian Twin Otter sheet?  There are some lovely colour schemes out there.

Cheers.  

I have no plans for civilian (beyond the British Antarctic Society markings on the sheet) Otter markings for the time being - perhaps in the future. 

This sheet is back on the drawing table with the recent photos of the USAFA parachute team's heritage aircraft markings for one of their Twin Otters - I will finish the design in the next couple of weeks and post profiles.

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

This sheet is back on the drawing table with the recent photos of the USAFA parachute team's heritage aircraft markings for one of their Twin Otters - I will finish the design in the next couple of weeks and post profiles.

This is a really cool looking plane.  I've watched it fly around and have a buddy that pulls maintenance on it.   Would love to see this as well as the traditional USAFA blue/white paint scheme.  

On 7/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, KursadA said:

I have no plans for civilian (beyond the British Antarctic Society markings on the sheet) Otter markings for the time being - perhaps in the future.................

Thank you for the reply. Thats a shame, but I will keep my fingers crossed for something in the future.

Looks like there will be some nice colourful choices on the sheet, looking forward to getting mine shortly.

• 4 weeks later...

Side profiles are some time away,  but the plan for the first sheet is:

-British Antarctic Survey VP-FAZ

-Canadian Coast Guard C-FCSU

-US Air Force Academy Heritage scheme 

-US Air Force Academy 77-464

I will do at least one more sheet sometime next year - definitely with the US Naval Research Lab, Canadian SAR scheme and a couple others.

I will do at least one more sheet sometime next year - definitely with the US Naval Research Lab, Canadian SAR scheme and a couple others.

Kursad

That is great news! Hopefully, one of the remaining Twin Otter decal slots would be the NASA Twin Otter . This would be a great way to continue your occasional NASA theme!

Have fun modeling

Mike

Dutch - Thanks for posting the NASA Twin Otter photo! I don't think I have this one in my files. I have a few others photos so when I can find them, I'll post them here.

Kursad  -That is GREAT news!!!!!! Thanks for considering adding the NASA Twin Otter to the options for the second sheet. I have had a Matchbox Twin Otter kit (or two) set aside for years with the intention of doing this scheme.

Have fun modeling

Mike

🍻

On 8/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, Mike J. Idacavage said:

Kursad

That is great news! Hopefully, one of the remaining Twin Otter decal slots would be the NASA Twin Otter . This would be a great way to continue your occasional NASA theme!

Have fun modeling

Mike

Bummer, I was so excited for the 44O SQDN SAR scheme, I served in that Squadron.