Applying Rib Tape (WWI)

Hey Guys,

I am building a WNW Albatros, which comes with the lozenge and rib tape decals, but they are not the cookie cut version. I have already laid all the lozenge on the surfaces, and now I am down to the rib tape.

I have no problem with the actual ribs, but the contour of the wings are killing me, specially the curves. This image gives an example of what I mean, the dark green line around the wing.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3247/2380105599_02fee0c209_o.jpg

I've seen it done on WNW kits with the builders claiming to use the rib tape decals, but I can't figure out how. Any tips on that would be highly appreciated before I go crazy. :bandhead2:

Oh, the edging? Yeah, quite the pain. You'll want to stabilize the wing vertically. After you've cut the strips to size, lay your Microset (or whatever brand you're using)on, then you decal and allow it to dry for around an hour. Then apply your Microsol (or your brand) and don't touch.For the ends of the wings, you might want to work in stages. If you have trouble getting the decal to adhere you can try Future or white glue (maybe thinned.)

hth

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, the edging? Yeah, quite the pain. You'll want to stabilize the wing vertically. After you've cut the strips to size, lay your Microset (or whatever brand you're using)on, then you decal and allow it to dry for around an hour. Then apply your Microsol (or your brand) and don't touch.For the ends of the wings, you might want to work in stages. If you have trouble getting the decal to adhere you can try Future or white glue (maybe thinned.)

hth

Thanks! That really helped! Cheers.