It's going to be an exciting year at Telford!!

Y'all better stock up on clean undies before Telford kicks off!

:)/>

So I've heard! Tell Jim Hatch and the guys at HK I said hi. I'll be there next year...this year kinda sprung up on me. I'm anxious to see what all the other big players have coming.

Some of us will be there from 0800 tomorrow to set it up :)

180+ vendors, all keen to sell their wares and some 5000 models to look at on the club displays and in the contest area.

www.smwshow.com

Models ready, money sorted, cameras charged and lenses cleaned (and undies packed too!)

Regards,

John

Y'all better stock up on clean undies before Telford kicks off!

:)/>

So does that mean the T-33 will be released at the event? I know, it is still in development. Maybe a 1/72 Hercules will be announced (hopefully an E or H model, not the girly J model).

Airfix 1/48 Ju87B-1

Airfix 1/72 Victor B.2

HK 1/32 P-51B/C!!!

Exciting enough!?!?! :)/>

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but none of those really floats my boat. Maybe the HK Mustang but I'll reserve judgement until I see some reviews. Was really hoping Tamiya would have gotten around to doing this version.

On the Stuka, I thought the Hase kit was pretty well regarded. Not sure what Airfix can do to set theirs apart.

On the Stuka, I thought the Hase kit was pretty well regarded. Not sure what Airfix can do to set theirs apart.

Hase's Ju-87 is a typical late 90s kit, while most Airfix current designed kits are better, like their recent 1/48th Hurricane. Also, like the Hurricane, it would probably be cheaper and the money would go to Airfix's pockets, instead of Hase's.

Airfix's first one is a B-1, which is a very different bird from the firewall forward from the B-2.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but none of those really floats my boat. Maybe the HK Mustang but I'll reserve judgement until I see some reviews. Was really hoping Tamiya would have gotten around to doing this version.

They'll float a lot of other boats. I don't see Tamiya doing a P-51B/C if they haven't done so already. It would be almost a completely new kit, with almost no carryover from their D/K. HK has some of the world's best P-51 minds helping on their effort.

For one, they can have the correct interior as the Hasegawa kit is for the later versions. Also, surface details are smooth on the Japanese kit so I am hoping Airfix will at least add some raised rivet details (as long as the boiler plate riveter is retired).

Regards,

Airfix 1/48 Ju87B-1

Airfix 1/72 Victor B.2

HK 1/32 P-51B/C!!!

The Airfix Ju 87 was really needed in this scale I think. The Hasegawa kit is old and just meh by today's standards. I suspect the Victor excites some people too, just not my scale. The P-51! Absolutely. But I knew it was coming already :)

Airfix 1/48 Ju87B-1

Airfix 1/72 Victor B.2

HK 1/32 P-51B/C!!!

Did Airfix mention the 48th P-40B/C development?? Especially their locating the tail wheel opening and assy over a scale foot too far forward??? Hope they can correct it BEFORE going into production!!

Bo

I don't recall seeing any P-40 photos. I wonder how they made such an error when they had a real example to work from? I can't say that had jumped out at me from the CAD images.

I was hoping for more announcements, to be honest. I'm excited for the Victor and Stuka, but not the P-51 as I prefer an Allison in my high-backed ponies!