Hobbycraft 1-48th CT-133 Kiwi CAF

This kit has been sitting on primer for two years waiting for decals that Canuck Models finally released...It is now painted, weathered a little (more to come) and ready for decals.

133345-1.jpg

Played around quite bit to get acceptable colors, the blue/gray is quite different from the color chip... Also the scheme for 345 is a little different than the decal instructions. More color variations and weathering to come once the decals are on.

IMG_0091_zps8ejaaotz.jpg

_DSC2086_zpsylthx0kg.jpg

_DSC2085_zps94ozuxqa.jpg

_DSC2088_zpso41tubtu.jpg

_DSC2089_zpstqwdzy3v.jpg

_DSC2091_zps2syby3mt.jpg

_DSC2092_zpsvsjbluob.jpg

_DSC2093_zpswa6suchp.jpg

I'm hoping David releases this in 1/32, which was planned at one time. I haven't heard anything lately though.

It IS available in 1-32nd, check his website, he had some in Ottawa in September.

It IS available in 1-32nd, check his website, he had some in Ottawa in September.

No they aren't. Only 1/48 is available. I sent David an email quite some time ago about a 1/32 release and it was his intention to do so. If he did have some in Ottawa in 1/32 then they haven't been made available for sale yet on his web site.

Tom

No they aren't. Only 1/48 is available. I sent David an email quite some time ago about a 1/32 release and it was his intention to do so. If he did have some in Ottawa in 1/32 then they haven't been made available for sale yet on his web site.

Tom

OK then, I stand corrected,

Tom

Belcher does them in 1/32 but is missing a few stencils.

Starting to look the part, I like the way the colours turned out... there are some discrepencies in the camo pattern... some small errors in the stencil call outs and suggested font sizes from Canuck decals, as they say, check your references...

_DSC2151_zpsl35fr2ty.jpg

_DSC2145_zpsp84faexm.jpg

_DSC2142_zpsubfzwmqr.jpg

_DSC2138_zps77ivo5xy.jpg

_DSC2141_zpslejxwwhp.jpg

That looks great. I know I have one of these planned for one of my HC kits and I should build it before I see that new T-33. I know the new kit is not a CT-133 but maybe I could do something to it to make it so.

I really like the colours you have chosen.

That looks great. I know I have one of these planned for one of my HC kits and I should build it before I see that new T-33. I know the new kit is not a CT-133 but maybe I could do something to it to make it so.

I really like the colours you have chosen.

The Hobbycraft kit isn't a CT-133 either. Very minor differences.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished applying decals, weathering using AK Interactive panel line wash, dry pastels. Used Model Master Acryl clear flat, not flat enough for me, anyobody knows of a real dead flat acryclic clear ?? Photos are not very good, taken with my phone, my daughter 'borrowed' the Sony A500...

WP_20151129_006_zpsnxliuxew.jpg

More here:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPgMyPBvkf0CBo0J0D-gmviwgi_KqAmtRMM1KQr

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMqlHL7TVS6aJ2sXDjhWkvhUnmrUjzp4mz-4FKd

Edited by yvesff
  • 2 weeks later...