Star Wars Gurus?

Ok, this is a question for all the Star Wars experts here. I'm expecting delivery of my Bandai 1/48 scale AT-ST walker soon and was considering making a dio with it being worked on in some sort maintenance facility or something. I have no problem making up the scene completely but I was curious if there was ANY precedence at all of what such a scene would look like for any of the walkers, AT-St or AT-AT? I couldn't think of any shots from any movies that would suggest where they are worked on, or based, or even how they get transported around. I think it would be an interesting dio and if there is anything that would make it more "realistically" work in the "real" Star Wars universe that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Bill

Imperial Walkers (AT-AT's) and Imperial All Terrain Scout Transports (AT-ST's) were carried on board Titan Drop Ships.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Y-85_Titan_dropship

The Titans were in turn carried by larger Imperial Ships from assembly areas to the combat/campaign zone (i.e. Hoth). Fully assembled AT-AT's and AT-ST's were carried on board the Titans (see the drawing in the link above). I believe AT-ST'S could also be carried inside the AT-AT's in lieu of troops in a partially disassembled state. This would allow the AT-AT'S to haul the AT-ST's to areas where the Titans couldn't land and over terrain too difficult for AT-ST's to traverse (AT-ST carrying AT-AT's would be paired with troop carrying AT-AT's in this instance). Maintenance was done in rear areas/assembly areas or in the hangar decks of larger Imperial Ships when it was required (I believe the Clone Wars cartoon showed early versions of the AT-ST's being serviced inside hangar bays...but which season and which episodes I cannot remember sorry).

Honestly, I believe you have a truckload of leeway to work with on a maintenance project. Seriously, I don't think there is a right or wrong way to make such a diorama.

You could always ask here though as I hang out at this site and most folks know quite a bit about all things Star Wars:

http://www.keeperoftheforce.com/

Sorry...I probably didn't help you that much.

Good luck with the project! I have the Bandai AT-ST for a future project and she's a beauty. I am moving towards my Bandai X-wing soon and hope to begin it shortly.

Regards,

Don.

Awesome Don, thanks for posting those. I have a few ideas of what I might want to do. One thing I'd like to try to do is in order to show off the really great looking interior is to have the inner part of the top deck removed. I've seen pics of tanks with the top part of the turret removed and gave me that thought. I also thought about having one of the feet have it's covering removed so those diagrams give me some good ideas for the interior of that. Now I just have to wait for the package to arrive.... :pray:

Bill