ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Jennings

Airfix just announced a NEW TOOL 1/48 Ju87B-1!!

That is exciting. The new (old) exhausts will be welcome.

Between this, the Defiant, the Meteor, and the P-40... I can see I'll be buying a lot of Airfix in the near future.

I now have no interest in buying the 1/72 kit. Nice one Airfix, you've lost yourselves a sale.

And gained one for the 1/48 kit. Awesome!

iModeler has shots of a test shot/prototype up. The engine detail looks gorgeous. http://imodeler.com/2015/11/scale-modelworld-new-releases-by-airfix/

Edited by K5054NZ

Boy that box art rendering for the B-17 doesn't make it look anything like a 17. Looks more like a Lanc.

??? Looks like a B-17 to me:

editor_151107_563df32ab94e7.jpeg

Nose looks too hard edged or rectangular and the rear looks too fat. To me it just looks very Lancaster.

But I've seen the other renderings from the earlier announcement and it looks good and should be good based on their other offerings. Just curious why they chose that picture for the box art rendering.

Bad word choice. I know it's not the box art but whatever it is that's meant to show off the kit.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Well, clearly from the attached image the new B-17G is fatally flawed and unbuildable. If I knew how to insert red lines, I'd do it to prove your point ! :D ;) :rofl:

Now about that Ju-87... WOW !! What a kit! We have been in need of a new tool Ju-87 for a while.

C2j

It's about time! I never could fathom why, with all the Stuka kits out there, that no kit manufacturer did the Ju87 B-1. The Stuka became infamous drive bombing Poland with its wailing sirens, and it was the Ju87 B-1 version that did that. It was also used in the invasion of the Low Countries, the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain. Why no Ju87 B-1 until now? Its the version I most want to build! :woo:

Edited by Rocky

Nose looks too hard edged or rectangular and the rear looks too fat. To me it just looks very Lancaster.

Huh? Man, you've got some SERIOUSLY Superman x-ray vision eyeballs there! Can you tell us the name of the head designer from those photos?

I can definitely see the Lancaster similarity. Both are slab-sided, rectangular section fuselages. Both have V-12 engines with large spinners and chin radiator scoops. Both have a compound dihedral wing mounted at mid-fuselage. Both have twin vertical fins at the ends of the horizontal stabs. Both have the same big upper mid-fuselage gun turret behind the wing. Both have the H2S radome on the belly aft of the bomb bay. And of course, both have that long narrow bomb bay.

Yeah, I can see that...

And the tail gunners little toe looks out of scale to the rest of his toes on his feet.

I hope for this scheme:

3227827735_862d781076_o.jpg

Yes, it is a colorized photograph...

another of the same aircraft:

Artwork-Junkers-Ju-87B1-Stuka-Stab-II.StG77-%28S2+AC%29-Alfons-Orthofer-Germany-1939-01.jpg

Regards,