Alclad II displays new standard colors

God I hope not. Maybe I stand alone, but Model Master Metalizers are much cheaper than Aclad and Aclad II (at least in my area). They may not be as authentic, but most are usable, passable, and look good. If Alclad II takes over it won't be the end of the world, but it won't be kind to my wallet.

Problem is, sadly, Rust-Oleum will likely be phasing-out the Model Master line (they've already started this), so Alclad II has the opportunity to fill the void. Personally, I'd like to see more White Ensign paints marketed, but being manufactured in the UK results in bureaucratic challenges to shipping enamel paints that complicates and impedes availability. Alclad II at least has manufacturing in the US and a penchant for fidelity and quality.

I'll certainly give it a shot if the LHS will carry it. I do like their lacquers. That's my only concern, though. These are enamels, and well, I'm not a fan of their gloss black base; I greatly prefer MM enamel or Mr. Color lacquer for this purpose.

Case in point,

This was my first attempt painting my 1/18th scale resin nozzels with Model Master Metalizers, not so good.

Steve

I have absolutely no problems with Model Master Metalizer. If you keep the technological rules, that is

1.grease free surface,

2.properly thinned base grey colour and

3.evenly applied Metalizer the result you get is perfect! The only drawback is that you need to apply a sealer over it to protect from finger prints. Have to add that I love the texture of sealer, producing a perfect metallic look.

Metalizer combined with Tamiya weathering powders produces a very authentic look!

An important note is that all jobs have their own needs, so there are areas where I would use the Model Master Metalizer, there are others where the Alclad metalics are perfect, but of course it is up to anyones own preferences.

I am not against anything new so will try the standard colours from Alclad.

Best regards

Gabor

God I hope not. Maybe I stand alone, but Model Master Metalizers are much cheaper than Aclad and Aclad II (at least in my area). They may not be as authentic, but most are usable, passable, and look good. If Alclad II takes over it won't be the end of the world, but it won't be kind to my wallet.

I'm hoping that the non metallic Alclad paints will be cheaper than those currently in the range.

It may be a forlorn hope, but I still hope it;s true:)

but being manufactured in the UK results in bureaucratic challenges to shipping enamel paints that complicates and impedes availability

You do understand that those regulations are pretty much world-wide, and not UK "bureaucratic challenges" right? They're based on very sound evidence related to aviation safety. I don't know about you, but I'm not big on airplanes I'm flying on catching fire and crashing.

You do understand that "being manufactured in the UK" makes the issue "UK-source specific", regardless of other nations regulations that may also cause problems, right? Please, post the very sound evidence related to aviation safety that ounces of bottled enamel paint have resulted in an aircraft catching fire in flight and crashing. They allow liters of ALCOHOL to be shipped via aircraft, yet even water-based acrylic paints are banned. If the aircraft is at risk from ounces of bottled enamel paint, then that aircraft likely has more serious issues that will already lead to the loss of the aircraft, paint notwithstanding. If it's that big a concern, design an insulated, solvent proof, fire retardant packing crate to carry paint.

Problem is, sadly, Rust-Oleum will likely be phasing-out the Model Master line (they've already started this),

Please provide a link or some sort of proof of this. I have been hearing that the MM line is toast for years, but other than some "tweeking", they're still around. I know that they just removed some colors from their product line, but they also added others (NATO colors, a few new RAL colors, a couple of desert colors). It wouldn't make much sense to add some new colors if you are preparing to can the whole line.