1/35 Meng BMPT Terminator - Urban Pacification Unit

This is something a little different to come off my work bench - an armour subject. In this case, it's the 1/35 Meng BMPT Terminator

Great kit - goes together really well. The tracks were confusing to start with but after doing a few links it's easy to do. I gave up on the jig they supply - it just wasn't working for me, so the were all joined together using the spacing on the sprues.

I ummed and ahh'd about the scheme for ages: I loved the splinter pattern but not the colours and I liked the 2009 colours but not the camo pattern. I know - I'm very finicky like that. So after a while, I decided to do it in Urban Camo colours and I must admit, I am really happy with my choices.

All painted using Gunze and Tamiya and I tried out Vallejo washes and varnishes for the first time. I am suitably impressed. I did seriously contemplate doing some chipping however, I wanted it to look used - not abused.

I realised I had forgotten to add the tow cables and wing mirrors before I shot the following pics, so I do know they are missing (they are one now though) and I've just finished the EMT units that will also go on the front.

Enough talking, time for the pics:

IMG_2149_zpswmccysbj.jpg

IMG_2150_zpsgoqcvd4x.jpg

IMG_2151_zps2alobrd0.jpg

IMG_2152_zpsmmxenang.jpg

IMG_2155_zpsbjebi2b2.jpg

IMG_2156_zpsro0xvy1i.jpg

IMG_2157_zpspdhnpylq.jpg

IMG_2158_zpszguq2m2m.jpg

IMG_2159_zps5shf1now.jpg

IMG_2160_zpsakxlrmbt.jpg

Part 2 in a sec