SAM 1980s Victor Article?

I am already in contact with Jennings and have started to send him the scans. So we are ok guys.

Pretty cool that us long time modellers actually have results from a request like this. Probably means I have too much stuff :)

So Jenning I have to ask, is this initial research for a possible future Fundekals sheet? Now that would be cool.

I Have the old Matchbox kit and a decal sheet for a tanker model I would like to do. Now that kit will be in the for sale box.

I am already in contact with Jennings and have started to send him the scans. So we are ok guys.

Pretty cool that us long time modellers actually have results from a request like this. Probably means I have too much stuff :)/>

Excellent stuff :). It's only when you start to trawl through all the stuff that you have amassed over the years that you realise how much of it there is and remember all those projects you had (or perhaps still have) that you never implemented.

:cheers:

Darius

Scale Models in late 70's had a superb series of articles on the Victor with best ever scale plans! Anyone remember that or am I the only one??? :)/>

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, thanks for the tip. Hmmm, now I have to go look since I have Scale Models going back to the 70s. Great yet more crap that I forgot I have :)

Jennings if I find that issue I may scan that for you too.

I have several of those issues and agree on the plans. I also have a mid 80's issue with the Blue Steel plans for the B1, worthwhile to be sure. Jennings are you planning on stencilling? It'll be cool for the all white options as there is precious little out there. I just bought a sheet for the white Victors from 26Decals and its REALLY good.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Edited by Chris the cabbie

While Jennings had a fire in his house I had most of my stuff looted about a year ago so my decals (30 years collection) was gone. There was a Modeldecals sheet by Dick Ward if I remember right with Victors and Vulcans. Dick had fantastic research into his subjects with lots of stencils also included.

Best regards

Gabor

Jennings,

I was finally able to locate the mags and resultant plans. Turns out no stencilling to be had from SAM or Scale Models, sorry. I also gave the 1983 issue Matchbox kit a look and have to say I'm none too impressed as the sheet gives as many RBF tags as stencils- in short not really worth looking for really. I know you are on Brit Modeler, POST THERE as it will be your best bet of securing that info.

I heard you did a Vulcan sheet in 1/72 scale? Were you able to do anti flash stenciling on that? If so, I'd love to get it!

Sincerely,

Chris the cabbie

Actually I'm one of the HUGE group of people permanently banned from Britmodeller for some imagined slight that I wasn't privy to. Very few people I know and respect haven't been banned from BM.

Yes, our 1/72 Vulcan sheet is essentially identical to the 1/144 sheet, with full stencil data for the white and camouflage (two variations) schemes.

Edited by Jennings