Just picked up at SMW Telford - the new resin conversion set from NeOmega......for a Kazan-built Mi-8MTV5/Mi-17V5

The kit has two complete fuselage halves.......with some 'flash'

mi-8_01.jpg

The interior is designed to match the Hobby Boss Mi-8 kit....

mi-8_02.jpg

The only other parts of the conversion are the new solid nosecone, double and single doors, bigger fuel tanks and rear ramp....(complete with pink mould rubber)

mi-8_03.jpg

The kit is very simple and aimed at the experieced modeller - there are no instructions nor decals - but it should all be self-explanatory.

The pity for me is that I have already scratch-built this variant......

Mi-8%20072.jpg

... so I would have preferred a conversion set for the Ulan-Ude built Mi-8AMTSh/Mi-171 - but NeOmega have no plans for that version - despite my pleading with Alexei at Telford :crying2:/>

All I have to do now is find a Hobby Boss donor kit.....

Ken

Thanks for the offer Tank, but I found one at Hannants.

I've also only just noticed that my box is missing the Cabin Heater pod - I have informed NeOmega.

Ken

PS - As Tank says, it's 1/72 scale (although the sticker on the box says "1/48 scale - for the Zvezda kit" - Alexei must have been having a Senior Moment.

Ken,the Neomega link you attach show the set for Mi-17B5 is this the same set for for the Mi-17V5?

As for the missing window,how about make a vacform out of the set's dolphin nose?

Cheers,

Mario

Edited by lifeline

Ken,the Neomega link you attach show the set for Mi-17B5 is this the same set for for the Mi-17V5?

As for the missing window,how about make a vacform out of the set's dolphin nose?

Cheers,

Mario

Itt is simple in Russian the letter B means in English V.

It is the same product.

Best regards

Gabor

Check out the tail area of Russian aircraft - they now have 'BBC Rossiya' in Cyrillic......

day2_017.JPG

No, it isn't sponsored by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) - but the Военно-воздушные cилы (VVS) России

Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii - VVS Russia.

In Cyrillic BBC means VVS.

Ken

Today i'm saw TV news plot - some foreigners, who learn russian, decalre classic verses by Pushkin. At russian-speak wievs it was funny. No doubt - my russian accent and mistakes in English (i'm learned initital English at school, later i'm learn English by films and computer programs) is wery funny for all other, who know English from childhood.

:D, Andrey, your English is much better than my Russian, although I'd certainly like to learn Russian as I want to travel there in 2017 or 2019 for the MAKS show and some sight seeing. I'd like to fly to Seoul and then to Vladivostok and catch the Trans-Siberian Express to Moscow. I guess I should start learning now.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Nice plan, Ross.

I'm never saw this part of my native country.

I'm didn't know how is look like russians and Russia now, in time of misundestood of the politicans and TV propaganda. But we are the same peoples in any countries (US or UK, Russia or Ukraine), we like build models.

Does anyone of you know If I can do the Argentinian Antarctic Mi-17 with that. At a first look I recognized that the Argentinians have the larger sliding door on the stb side.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/2/4/2030423.jpg

A21.jpg?4733

Unfortunately, no.

That Mi-17E is an Ulan-Ude built machine and has a different shaped ramp.

It also has a double width sliding door on the starboard side - and a more rounded cabin heater.

The NeOmega conversion is to make a Kazan-built Mi-17V5 - with a double door to port, and different shaped ramp and cabin heater.

Ken