Hasegawa 1/72 P-3C Orion from VP-40

Ya know, I switched from 1/48 to 1/72 because I ran out of display space for the bigger kits, plus there is just more to choose from in 1/72, yet I buy one bigger than every 1/48 kit I've built.

This big boy has been on and off the bench many time over the last year and is finally finished. The kit is built straight out of the box but Super Scale decals. I decided not to do any weathering and just keep it clean. All of the grey wing walks I had to mask and paint, the kit decals crumbled coming out of the water. All the red stripes are painted as well. I have no clue of the accuracy of the kit so no extra detailing was done. So, have a look.

9c9b43469f9d59c195db7838b17d663d_zpstuvzy7rh.jpg

f2286f9a2df6dba94ae10a953d33cfed_zpsml13fzqd.jpg

98bddca524850981a4afb2d957427bb3_zpsmdkssenu.jpg

fe2f70eb65cf3d5c703caf1457c0e599_zpsn3zt5ovd.jpg

I've got one on the bench of doom that I've been building for my dad since he was stationed in NAS Jacksonville back in the late 70's to early 80's, this kit is a gem to build simple and none complex. Excellent work my friend...BTW how did those decals work for you i have that same set?

Stanton

Yes, the parts fit was terrific and I didn't need any putty. The decals are very thin but moved into position easily on a wet surface. After I pressed them flat with a towel I brushed Micro Sol on and the next morning they looked painted-on. Really good decals. I may go back and do some weathering later.