Best option for an F-16 block 15ADF

Greetings all,

I'm trying to determine what options are out there for building an ADF version of the F-16. It doesnt seem that there is a readily available conversion. I recently read that the Kinetic F-16AM comes with the ADF tail. Might this be the best bet?

If it matters, I am looking to build an early 90's USANG version (171st FS, Michigan ANG)

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

My best choice is Hasegawa kit with Cutting Edge conversion set.

Every Hasegawa F-16 boxing provides old style gun muzzle cover.

Unfortunately, the CE set is unavailable now.

So, the next best thing would be Hasegawa with Italeri tail (Italian ADF boxing).

Don't go to Kinetic/Eduard. The tail profile is totally wrong.

KASL out of Taiwan is about to release (or has just released) a really nice looking resin set to convert the Tamiya F-16C. I don't have any of the KASL stuff, but everything I've heard has been very positive.

Don't go to Kinetic/Eduard. The tail profile is totally wrong.

Eduard kit is a rebox of the Kinetic kit.

So, the next best thing would be Hasegawa with Italeri tail (Italian ADF boxing).

Disagree with the use of the Italeri tail. The distinctive ADF "bulges" are separate pieces glued onto the tail base. They look more like mini-CFTs and are not faired in like the real ones. The old Revell ADF tail is a much better representation.

Nice build, Darren. What did you have to do to make the tail fit and did you sand it smooth and re-engrave?

I cut the base off of both tails and matched them up. IIRC, they fit pretty well. I rescribed the Revell base. I believe I've heard that the Revell wheels are actually pretty good for early style wheels. If I did it over again, I'd use those.