F-106 Decals Coming From Fündekals!

Great looking 106 decals Jennings.

Wasted opportunity not releasing them in 48th as the Trumpeter kit is very nice.

As for it being a disaster I guess I don't have a barrow to push or financial agenda like some.

Thanks! The Six (as you can probably tell) is one of my favorites.

Doing them for the Trumpeter kit *would* be a waste, sorry to say. A very poor effort on their part. I don't have an agenda, I'm just stating fact. It's a poor representation of the F-106.

That's a great news !

A lot of beautiful scheme ! Want to make most of them...

I have to buy a lot F-106 kits...

Jennings When the decals will be available ?

Since many parts will require a precise fit to the Meng kit, I have to wait until I have the kit in hand in order to make the fit checks.

As soon as we have better information on when they will be available, we'll let you all know.

J

At last, a NASA plane. Might you consider adding the Langley blue/gray lightning plane. I love it with all the lightning hit repaint spots.

Yep. And the later all white scheme with the NASA "wurm" on the tail!

we're not doing them in 1/48 - just yet.

Booh ya... :(

So when ya do some 1/48th scale decals for the F-106, would ya please consider markings for the AMARC B-1B Chase Plane Programme?

Always loved how those markings looked on the Delta Darts.

58-0795%2C%20F-106A%2C%20NASA%20AMARC.jpg?m=1391303295

Cheers 'em now.

Unc²

I am REALLY looking forward to ordering a couple of these decals sheets with the NASA bird being at the top of my list (no surprise to you Jennings!! :thumbsup:/> )

Anyway, we may have to wait a bit for those really good looking all white NASA F-106s with either the red NASA Wurm or the white or gray base scheme with the dark blue fuselage stripe with the NASA meatball. I believe these were all F-106Bs. As far as I know, NASA only had the one F-106A that will be hopefully on this batch of decals. We will need for either Meng or Trumpeter to release the family model of the F-106 in 1/72 before we will likely see these other NASA decals. I am ready to go now as I have a Bare Metal conversion set for the F-106B, but I am definitely in the minority here!

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:/>

Yep. And the later all white scheme with the NASA "wurm" on the tail!

Very nice selection of markings but please remember that the Meng kit appears to be the first to offer the Six Shooter rotary cannon, so ADWC and 87th FIS Red Bulls options are worth considering. The kit has a New Jersey ANG option, which used the cannon, but there were other units.

Will be buying a brace of Meng but we could really use this subject in 1/32 scale one day.

Tony

Great selection of subjects, a few of those I don't recall ever seeing before. I have a soft spot for the Mass-hole ANG bird since I've spent a good amount of time at their old base (Otis ANGB on Cape Cod) but I'm tempted by a couple of others on this sheet.

I do hope you'll consider a 1/48th set, I forget the specifics but I didn't think the Trumpy kit was that bad. Whilst on the subject, what were the issues with this kit?

Agreed on the need for a 1/32 Six.

As noted guys, this is just a small preview. We will be doing lots of others that you don't see here, including Six Shooters!

The Trumpy kit *is* that bad, but never count anything out...

Edited by Jennings

Great looking sheet Jennings. Too bad I don't build 1/72nd or I will be all over this in an instant.

Oh well, I still have my Monogram kit (4 in fact) as well as many decals from various decal producers so I am ok so far. My favourite scheme is on an F-106B and I loathe to pick up the Trumpeter kit. Or maybe I can and cross kit with the Monogram kit.

As for that curved area, I had no problem painting that curved area on my Monogram kit. All it took was some thin masking tape to start but maybe a decal would be easier? Maybe a template to cut out showing the curve? I should post a pic of my F-106 :) to show.

49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS....49th FIS

This now concludes the not-so-subliminal message.

100 thumbs up to that. I actually saw these guys many years ago when Griffis AFB had an open house/air show. It was so great seeing them take off and buzz the field. They also had several in the alert barns and when we tried to go see them, the big guy with the M16 said we could not go there. Hmm good choice :)

100 thumbs up to that. I actually saw these guys many years ago when Griffis AFB had an open house/air show. It was so great seeing them take off and buzz the field. They also had several in the alert barns and when we tried to go see them, the big guy with the M16 said we could not go there. Hmm good choice :)/>/>

I grew up in Syracuse, which is about an hour or so south of Rome, NY. My dad was a guidance counselor and they invited him up to the base. I got to tag along. What a glorious day that was. Sixes were in the hangar being worked on. -52's were taking off and landing. -135's were taking off and landing. I got to up into the tower and watch a couple of Sixes land. Like I said, it was a glorious day that I shall never forget. Here's a little something to bring back memories.

_5903889_orig.jpg

Edited by Darren Roberts