F-106 Decals Coming From Fündekals!

Sixes were in the hangar being worked on. -52's were taking off and landing. -135's were taking off and landing. I got to up into the tower and watch a couple of Sixes land.

BUFFs, KC-135s, and F-106s all at the same place at the same time: better than sex :)

A suggestion: How about several red-and-white stripes decal strips for the pitot boom? There may have been different types (as they were on the F-102) with varying pitch or possibly barber-pole types as well. They would be a nice bonus to any sheet.

I grew up in Syracuse, which is about an hour or so south of Rome, NY. My dad was a guidance counselor and they invited him up to the base. I got to tag along. What a glorious day that was. Sixes were in the hangar being worked on. -52's were taking off and landing. -135's were taking off and landing. I got to up into the tower and watch a couple of Sixes land. Like I said, it was a glorious day that I shall never forget. Here's a little something to bring back memories.

Nice looking Darren. Is that the Superscale sheet? I have that one and to me the green is too light. Were you aware that Superscale subsequently re-released the 49 FIS sheet but with only one set of markings on it? Much better with a darker green. Have that one too.

Nice looking Darren. Is that the Superscale sheet? I have that one and to me the green is too light. Were you aware that Superscale subsequently re-released the 49 FIS sheet but with only one set of markings on it? Much better with a darker green. Have that one too.

It is the SS sheet, but I can't remember if it's the second release. IIRC, the first release didn't have the lightning bolts for the drop tanks, so I must have used the second release.

This is a small sample of what we're working on for the Meng F-106! Before you ask, we're not doing them in 1/48 - just yet.

More info as we get closer!

Screen_Shot_2015_11_09_at_7_51_51_PM.png

Jennings - please, please, please (I have more of these if required) can you make so that the serial numbers are not part of the actual tail fin art so we can pick and choose serial numbers ? (for example the California ANG and 5 and 48 FIS schemes)

Haydn.

Edited by mig23

Of course. We will provide assembled serials for the aircraft shown, plus a whole selection of different styles of the various numbers so you can do any airplane you want. The only possible exception I know for sure is the "cornfield bomber" (58-0787), which had 71st FIS markings of the period with a blue chevron with a knockout behind the numbers that showed up as just a narrow 16473 outline around them.

J

• 1 month later...

When I get my Meng kit and am able to fit everything that needs to be fitted to it. It'll be a while yet. The decals will be right, not necessarily fast.

We used to have a big sign above the print shop where I worked in college. In big, bold letters it said:

PRICE - QUALITY - SPEED

Pick Two

:)

When I get my Meng kit and am able to fit everything that needs to be fitted to it. It'll be a while yet. The decals will be right, not necessarily fast.

We used to have a big sign above the print shop where I worked in college. In big, bold letters it said:

PRICE - QUALITY - SPEED

Pick Two

:)/>

Ackshully, I only need one: 'QUALITY' will do nicely, Sir.

Any time I try doing anything on the cheap or at a sprint, it all goes South...but cheaply and quickly!

Hi Jennings

PRICE - QUALITY - SPEED

Pick Two

Thank you for your kind reply. No urge induced in my question - Just asking because of interest. And I forgot an obvious aspect : need to fit to actual model.

I have two 1/72 F-106 coming but so many projects before. I'll wait and buy when available

Regards

Eric B.

PRICE - QUALITY - SPEED

Pick Two

Take your time. I want the best possible MA ANG markings possible. I remember the 106's vividly from when I moved to the Cape in '87.