AMK will release a MiG-25!

Okay Martin, we have another thread. Now tell us all about it! What versions are you planning? What markings? When's the release date? Where are the photos of the test shots - it's been, like, a week since the kit was announced! :D

Not sure how many people are aware of it, but there are *major* airframe differences between the interceptor versions (which were far and away the most numerous, by many orders of magnitude) and the reconnaissance and strike versions (which were very rare by comparison, some in the double digit production numbers only). The main fuselage structure was about the only thing they had in common. The entire wing was different, as was just about everything else.

I don't know what AMK has in mind, but they've been provided with literally thousands of photos and other types of reference material on the various variants. It would be nice to think they will do the family, or at least the main variants, but we should all keep in mind from the very start that this is going to be an expensive project for them if they choose to do that, and that if they choose not to do all of them, there will be a very sound reason behind it.

Let's just try to keep that in mind as they go forward.

J

Sorry everyone, just digesting the awful events in Paris tonight. The loss of life, families broken and tragedies unfolding.

For us, this is more important than plastic models.

I don't feel it is appropriate to market our kits tonight.

I am sure you will join me in taking a moment to think of those who have lost their lives and for their families.

6007542-3x2-940x627.jpg

With respect, I will not be posting any more tonight and until tomorrow.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

MiG-25 ! Me want ! Will be in 2016 part 2 announcement to be made ?

Laurent,

Why you keep asking part 2 of our announcement? :D :D

Are you helping someone to get as much information as possible from us? So that, there will be sufficient time to release the same kit earlier?

I am curious! Why don't spend time on making kits better, but this kind of tricky game?

We won't have announcement any more in a short time.

Cheers!

Sio

Okay Martin, we have another thread. Now tell us all about it! What versions are you planning? What markings? When's the release date? Where are the photos of the test shots - it's been, like, a week since the kit was announced! :D/>

Mofo,

We have this on our schedule!

We had finished the basic information gathering. It may take months for the design and mould making, one week is nothing for our development.

The expected releasing date will be the end of the year 2016.

Before/during our design stage, better not in the mould making stage, you guys are welcome to leave your opinions to us.

Versions and markings are confirmed yet!

Cheers!

Sio

Well, I have a bit of work already done on my Kitty Hawk kit but this is one AMK kit I need! It is the correct scale for my eastern bloc collection (I prefer 72nd scale for the US aircraft) and I already bought the decals for this! So Sio, I won't be asking you include these markings... I simply want a MiG-25PD kit! :thumbsup:/>

pd-shark-group.jpg

Regards,

Well, I have a bit of work already done on my Kitty Hawk kit but this is one AMK kit I need! It is the correct scale for my eastern bloc collection (I prefer 72nd scale for the US aircraft) and I already bought the decals for this! So Sio, I won't be asking you include these markings... I simply want a MiG-25PD kit! :thumbsup:/>/>

pd-shark-group.jpg

Regards,

Haha, Saul,

If you want shark mouth scheme of this, and others like it also, you have to prepare all the information for us.

But MIG-25PD................ :D :D

Sio

Why you keep asking part 2 of our announcement? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Because I like Soviet aircrafts in general (but not so much the MiG-31) ?

Are you helping someone to get as much information as possible from us? So that, there will be sufficient time to release the same kit earlier?

When the infos are public ? Yeah right...

Why don't spend time on making kits better, but this kind of tricky game?

Because there are people with better expertise (Anton, Gabor, etc) and reference material than me ? Because there's no trick game ?

We won't have announcement any more in a short time.

The expected releasing date will be the end of the year 2016.

Tadaaaa. MiG-25 in 2016. Woohoo !w00t.gif

If you want shark mouth scheme of this, and others like it also, you have to prepare all the information for us.

Since I already have the decals (from Begemot) and they are accurate, there are many other schemes to consider. As far as I know, only one sharkmouth on the Foxbat and it was a MiG-25PD. So, this is a kit I want!

Regards,

It may take months for the design and mould making, one week is nothing for our development.

Yeah, that was a joke. ;)

I'm just excited to hear you'll be tackling such an iconic aircraft, and can't wait to see the results. I know it'll take time, but I'm sure that any little updates will be met with great anticipation.

Don't forget - Sio is in Macau, and the closest MiG-25 on display is many thousands of miles away. 3D scanning is great, but it takes a lot of preparation to do it. It's not like taking a photograph.

Don't forget - Sio is in Macau, and the closest MiG-25 on display is many thousands of miles away. 3D scanning is great, but it takes a lot of preparation to do it. It's not like taking a photograph.

Gee, I didn't know....

Edited by B.Sin

OK, right. So The MiG-25 by the year end 2016. This thread is gonna be huge by then.....

Thanks for all the help and support so far. The variant hasn't yet been decided so theres a chance to show what you need to get. Some are asking for the Recce version, MiG-25RBK.

Can we get a list of all possible variants in order and how many were built and what years in service etc?

I would be interested in seeing as many different schemes as possible including several shark mouths for Saul :P/> even though he has already got his decals......

I am not entirely sold on what version I would like to add to the mix but this is nice starter for ten I think....

MiG-25PU trainer. I'm not sure this would sell at all well but I do love this look.

1200px-Mikoyan_MiG-25PU-SOTN_Foxbat-C_02_blue_%288605743456%29.jpg

Where's Anton?

:worship:

Martin - precise numbers are hard to come by. Just about every source has a different total. What isn't unclear however is that the MiG-25P and PD (Foxbat A and E) interceptors were BY FAR the most numerous variants. The MiG-25R and the strike variants developed from them were built in very small numbers (under 100 in most cases), with nearly 1000 of the interceptors.

Thanks jennings.

Don't get me wrong. I really don't think that we will ever do a trainer version of this. Perhaps I would be the only one to buy it. To make it worth it Sio would make me buy 1000's of them LOL.

My initial thoughts are that it could be:

2x Interceptor and or bomber boxing (?) (P / PD / PDS / BM Bomber)?

1x Recce boxing (RBV / RBT?)

Sio will decide, of course, so I can only speculate at this time. So, its up to you all to make the case for each variant.