AMK will release a MiG-25!

Ceterum censeo Su-15 avens expectatur..

This thread is to be STRICTLY wishlist free. Pretty sure Martin agreed in one of his first replies.

As a result, AMK will now, officially* NEVER release a kit of the Su-15. And it's all Airfixer's fault. Let that be a lesson to you all.

I have a weekend coming up so I can spend some time looking at more photos, but it seems the 720mm plug is getting more mythical by the moment.

720 mm is pretty big. You've got to think it would be fairly visible. We're talking 15 mm or 1/2" in 1/48.

*nah, I have no idea. But seriously, let's try to keep things on track, people.

This thread is to be STRICTLY wishlist free. Pretty sure Martin agreed in one of his first replies.

As a result, AMK will now, officially* NEVER release a kit of the Su-15. And it's all Airfixer's fault. Let that be a lesson to you all.

720 mm is pretty big. You've got to think it would be fairly visible. We're talking 15 mm or 1/2" in 1/48.

Let's start our own petition to lobby AMK to produce a 1/48th scale Su-15.

Correction: it is Airfixer AND B.Sin's fault that AMK will never, ever, EVER make an Su-15. And all because they couldn't follow one simple little rule...

:monkeydance:/>

Edited by MoFo

Never say never :)

But yes, please please keep this to the MiG-25 kit.

Come over to FaceBook and bombard it there!

Pretty sure they got the message already!

:thumbsup:

But yeah, please everyone. Please keep it to the MiG-25, pleeeeeeease.

How 'bout this: if anyone asks for a different subject in this thread, not only will that subject never, ever, ever, everrrrrrr be made, but that person will ALSO be blacklisted from buying any AMK kit ever again.

:D

How 'bout this: if anyone asks for a different subject in this thread, not only will that subject never, ever, ever, everrrrrrr be made, but that person will ALSO be blacklisted from buying any AMK kit ever again.

:D/>

MoFo, that's kind of a harsh punishment, don't you think?

"Bla-bla-bla-bluster..." and given the fact that we do have the KH fighters (as deeply flawed as they are)

I agree... :thumbsup:

Moreover, a couple weeks ago I started to build the KH Mig25 lookalike. :)

:blink: Ya both blokes've just got to be such lousy whiners... :rolleyes: 'Bout any flaw in the Kitty Hawk MiG-25 kit can be fixed. It's certainly a helluva lot better kit to whut we, modellers, had at hand in the quarter scale ever since recently. Nay want to fix the KH Foxbat? Then just nay buy it, period.

Sure that soon enough we'll have ye both puttin' down the AMK kit 'cause the expression on the pilot's face ain't look too Eurasian, provided there is a pilot in the kit. :doh:

Nay familiar with MoFo's skills as a modeller, but it did strike me as very odd comin' from Romain, from whom me's seen awesome builds, one of which bein' the B-1B, IIRC.

It's people who are in doubt 'bout buyin' kits only 'cause they've read some bloody dweeb referrin' a model to as "look-alike"

With a homemade brand new radome and front fuselage. :bandhead2:

There. Mind olaboratin' on it?

Crikey...

Hello everybody! I'm a newbie on this forum, but still understand very little English, so I read a message using a machine translator.

I am interested in the topic of the MiG-25, as my family has been closely associated with it. My father worked for 45 years as an engineer at aircraft repair plant here in Dnepropetrovsk, where for many years served the MiG-25, and as a teenager I often visited him at work. Therefore, I will be happy to follow the theme and I would very much like to come out from the model AMK purchased its name in the version of the MiG-25PDS. Thank you.

Edited by AnKor

Hello everybody! I'm a newbie on this forum, but still understand very little English, so I read a message using a machine translator.

I am interested in the topic of the MiG-25, as my family has been closely associated with it. My father worked for 45 years as an engineer at aircraft repair plant here in Dnepropetrovsk, where for many years served the MiG-25, and as a teenager I often visited him at work. Therefore, I will be happy to follow the theme and I would very much like to come out from the model AMC purchased its name in the version of the MiG-25PDS. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum AnKor, I am sure your help will be priceless, first hand accounts and photos are always the best!

P

Many black and white photos have when celebrating 933 Aviation Regiment Fighter Air Defense its fiftieth anniversary, which was located next to the neighborhood and which served as my sister. And at the plant was illegally taking pictures, it was a military enterprise. Just can not figure out how to upload photos here? I'm in this little to understand

Sorry, I could not find the icon "Default upload"..sorry.

If I'm not mistaken there's no image uploading on the ARC forums since nine years. You need to upload the photos to an image hosting service of your choice.

Martin, Is it possible to give us multiple versions in one box, say Combat/interceptor in one box and recce versions in another box?

Just curious

Brad, who still wants the P/PD/PDS first :)/>

Hi Brad,

This really depends on how close each variant is to each other. If it is a case of just one or two differences like blisters antenna or instrument panels then yes.

If it is a questions of different noses, wings and ordnance then probably not.

We have to be efficient.

:blink:/>/> Ya both blokes've just got to be such lousy whiners... :rolleyes:/>/> 'Bout any flaw in the Kitty Hawk MiG-25 kit can be fixed. It's certainly a helluva lot better kit to whut we, modellers, had at hand in the quarter scale ever since recently. Nay want to fix the KH Foxbat? Then just nay buy it, period.

Sure that soon enough we'll have ye both puttin' down the AMK kit 'cause the expression on the pilot's face ain't look too Eurasian, provided there is a pilot in the kit. :doh:/>/>

Nay familiar with MoFo's skills as a modeller, but it did strike me as very odd comin' from Romain, from whom me's seen awesome builds, one of which bein' the B-1B, IIRC.

It's people who are in doubt 'bout buyin' kits only 'cause they've read some bloody dweeb referrin' a model to as "look-alike"

Crikey...

No.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and the number 21. :unsure:

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Hi Brad,

This really depends on how close each variant is to each other. If it is a case of just one or two differences like blisters antenna or instrument panels then yes.

If it is a questions of different noses, wings and ordnance then probably not.

We have to be efficient.

Understood Martin, thanks for the reply.

Brad

The good thing about the 25 is that the differences are easily modified.

The wing differences in span simply a new outer panel which even KH allowed for and the nose break in front of the cockpit.

In short one simple thinking in the design phase ie seperate nose and wing split like the F-4 means numerous models are easily available.

The good thing about the 25 is that the differences are easily modified.

Not once you start studying the airplane. As has been noted several times above, there are *major* differences between the interceptors and the other variants.

Sorry, I could not find the icon "Default upload"..sorry.

Welcome AnKor, here is how to put pictures on ARC!

Sign up with Photobucket.com. After you have uploaded your pictures to that site, you can click on a particular photo, which brings up a set of URLs on the right side of the screen. Click once on the bottom option--IMG--and the link is copied. Then just paste it into your message on ARC.

The red arrow shows which option to click.

pb_zpsqqcsy39n.jpg

I sympathize with you, because I have to translate Russian into English!

Do you know if the MiG-25PD was longer than the original MiG-25P? (I think they were the same length but can't prove it.)

:blink:/> Ya both blokes've just got to be such lousy whiners... :rolleyes:/>> 'Bout any flaw in the Kitty Hawk MiG-25 kit can be fixed. It's certainly a helluva lot better kit to whut we, modellers, had at hand in the quarter scale ever since recently. Nay want to fix the KH Foxbat? Then just nay buy it, period.

Sure that soon enough we'll have ye both puttin' down the AMK kit 'cause the expression on the pilot's face ain't look too Eurasian, provided there is a pilot in the kit. :doh:/>

Crikey...

Hello Uncle!

I'm not whining. Just factual. The KH kit looks like to a PD/PDS Mig-25.

A lot of mistake have been done (intakes, wrong exhausts, wrong radome shape...)

I bought the KH kit just when it was released. I was not aware of these flaws.

But I totally agree with you: the KH is the best kit at this scale, for now :rolleyes:/>

If more serious people want to work on a new Mig-25 kit, I will be very happy about it.

Personally, I would prefer to see a Recce/bomber, because as I said, I started the KH Interceptor Mig-25.

And I must admit I have a lot of fun building and correcting it. It is not straightforward... sure not. But, this is a kind of modelling I enjoy. :thumbsup:/>/>

Well, the best for us modellers, would be a PD/PDS AND a Recce/bomber :woot.gif:/>

As for the KH radome correction, you can see my WIP I just started here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=288917

You see... not whining, but acting :cheers:/>

A friend of mine recently finished his KH kit from the box:

http://fighters.forumactif.com/t75195-mig-25-foxbat-kitty-hawk-1-48

It is still an impressive kit and he is very happy with the result.

I am too, but as an annoying demanding modeller, I want to go further for my Mig-25 kit.

Sorry for a little Off topic, but to conclude, I think there is still room for a (two?) new Mig-25 kit.

AMK proved us they work seriously on their subject.

And I am happy to follow this kind of topic.

Regards

Romain