There have been some really nice models in the GB and I have enjoyed looking at everyone's work. I would like to contribute a Hasegawa 1/72 OA-4M. I picked up the recent combo kit and will build one of them out of the box using kit decals for H&MS-12 Outlaws. It's a good thing it's a combo kit as I already had a mishap. I managed to spill nearly a whole bottle of Tamiya extra thin cement and it ruined the left fuselage. Hobbico is ordering me a replacement but I am continuing on with the fuselage from the second kit. Let's hope that is the last bit of bad luck and things will go smoothly from here on out.

The kit is pretty basic, decals for the instrument panels, no side panel details, basic seats. I used some Tamiya tape for set belts. I really like A-4's so I am looking forward to this build.

Tom

IMG_1873_zps5lapickg.jpg

IMG_1874_zpsurjal3or.jpg

DSC_0085_zpsmj80pxtl.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsyfdpifyq.jpg

Slow but steady progress. The fuselage is closed up and wings attached. Some putty work done on the fuselage. The fit has been really good so far, just some minor gaps. I am doing speed brakes closed and that will require more putty work. One coat done on that so far and another one applied. I added some tape seat belts to the ejection seats.

Tom

DSC_0091_zpsuytk3dos.jpg

DSC_0095_zpszj3fignz.jpg

DSC_0097_zpsghnviceb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, better late than never, I finally finished my entry. I build at a glacier pace and it took me a lot longer than planned but here it is all done. I painted it with Gunze Mr. Color and a Badger Renegade airbrush. It was a fun build, it's an older kit so the kit need some putty work but nothing major.

Tom

IMG_8542_zpsorix435g.jpg

IMG_8543_zpsmy6duujm.jpg

IMG_8546_zpsbo5p8mhk.jpg

IMG_8544_zpsxv0dvf5i.jpg

IMG_8547_zps1fvjsdfc.jpg

IMG_8550_zpsdlxl6pse.jpg

IMG_8549_zpscicgjc5d.jpg

IMG_8548_zpse5cbfr8p.jpg

Edited by Tom G