Info regarding Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-23MF

Hey Tomcat,

How far are you looking to go?

Overall the kit(MF) is not a bad representation with only a few issues. One of the bigger issues is with the intakes.

Here is a link that explains the issues in some detail (in English). The experts will chime in.

Link to issues with kit\\

I have a couple kits coming myself. I will build it out of box because it is close enough for me. (a simple man)

They kicked the puppy on the BN release (Trumpeter likes kicking puppies) with the nose shaped like it loves bon bons. But i will build it still.

Have fun modeling

Mike

Edited by Wayfarer 30

Mike I'm looking to go far far away since I have all the goodies for this bird!

The intakes problem is solve...Aires, next will be the front landing gear and the rear fuselage panel where number 4 fuel tank is weld from inside (made some photo on the last MiG-23MF from M.K air base)

Caesar

Edited by tomcat_ct

Mike I'm looking to go far far away since I have all the goodies for this bird!

[...]

Could you please explain what do you precisely mean by "going far far away"?

Windshield/canopy/cockpit sill/intakes/nozzle/FLG/MLG/lower airbrakes/parabrake cap/ad nauseam...

Which sets/items have you purchased, so far?

Edited by Airfixer

Could you please explain what do you precisely mean by "going far far away"?

Windshield/canopy/cockpit sill/intakes/nozzle/FLG/MLG/lower airbrakes/parabrake cap/ad nauseam...

Which sets/items have you purchased, so far?

List of goodies:

1. Aires 4575 MiG-23MF Flogger B cockpit set

2. Aires 4653 MiG-23 MF/ML Flogger correct air intakes

3. Aires 4654 MIG-23 MF/ML Correct Tail Fin

4. Aires MiG-23 Flogger Wheel Bay (I will use only the front bay)

5. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/MF exhaust nozzle

6. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/MF main wheel bay

7. Brassin 1/48 R-23R & R-23T (most likely i will stick with R-23R since in all my photo's with Romania MiG-23MF this missile is ON)

8. Brassin 1/48 R-60

9. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/ MF wheels

10. QuickBoost MIG-23M Flogger B AIR SCOOPS

11.QuickBoost MIG-23M FLOGGER B ANTENNAS

12.Eduard 48755 MiG-23M/ ML/ MF exterior 1/48

13.Master 48058 MiG-23 Pitot Tube

I just need Ciro Models lower fuselage ends with corrected (closed) airbrakes! No luck so far...

Caesar

Edited by tomcat_ct

List of goodies:

I just need Ciro Models lower fuselage ends with corrected (closed) airbrakes! No luck so far...

Caesar

Have you tried this?

http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48/70-c-431-mig-23m-mf-opravne-spodni-tity-uzavene.html

I would also recommend the Rob Taurus canopy, it is excellent!!! :thumbsup:

http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48/69-mig-23m-mf-correct-crystal-clear-canopy.html

Best regards

Gabor

Have you tried this?

http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48/70-c-431-mig-23m-mf-opravne-spodni-tity-uzavene.html

I would also recommend the Rob Taurus canopy, it is excellent!!! :thumbsup:/>

http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48/69-mig-23m-mf-correct-crystal-clear-canopy.html

Best regards

Gabor

Yes I tried but...Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. YEAH RIGHT :bandhead2:

1. Aires 4575 MiG-23MF Flogger B cockpit set

2. Aires 4653 MiG-23 MF/ML Flogger correct air intakes

3. Aires 4654 MIG-23 MF/ML Correct Tail Fin

4. Aires MiG-23 Flogger Wheel Bay (I will use only the front bay)

5. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/MF exhaust nozzle

6. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/MF main wheel bay

7. Brassin 1/48 R-23R & R-23T (most likely i will stick with R-23R since in all my photo's with Romania MiG-23MF this missile is ON)

8. Brassin 1/48 R-60

9. Brassin 1/48 MiG-23 M/ MF wheels

10. QuickBoost MIG-23M Flogger B AIR SCOOPS

11.QuickBoost MIG-23M FLOGGER B ANTENNAS

12.Eduard 48755 MiG-23M/ ML/ MF exterior 1/48

13.Master 48058 MiG-23 Pitot Tube

I have all the above as well as the Ciro Models MiG-23 Big Set which includes the intakes, vacuum formed canopy, and lower rear fuselages.

Strangely enough, the lower rear fuselage, if building the brakes closed, was a rather easy fix to the kit without resorting to the surgery required for the Ciro Models inserts. I am tackling the intakes myself even though I have Aires and Ciro Models (Aires is better reproduction) in case of slip up.

http://shop.ciromode...ty-uzavene.html

I would also recommend the Rob Taurus canopy, it is excellent!!! :thumbsup:/>

http://shop.ciromode...ear-canopy.html

Thanks Gabor as I ordered directly from Ciro Models but didn't know about the Rob Taurus canopy. Note that I found out last night that the canopy on the MiG-23 series is the same (referring to MiG-23BN) with only the windscreen being different. I will post when I get a chance on the threads I started on several sites to show what needs to be done. If I can replace or fix the windscreen, the rest isn't as bad.

Regards,

The Ciro canopy is produced by Rob Taurus so it is the same thing! Rob Taurus is making products for many Czech manufacturers, some of them exclusively, so they are not sold under his brand but only by the ordering company.

Rob Taurus has only the canopy for the fighters not for the attack versions. :crying2:

I would love to have some canopies from Rob, like for the GWH MiG-29, the Su-27 from Zvezda, Eduard MiG-21PF . . .

Best regards

Gabor

Yes I tried but...Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. YEAH RIGHT :bandhead2:/>

I have contacted the man behind Ciro directly and he said that the system is working so it is not clear why you are not able to arder from the site.

Sorry this is the most I could do.

Best regards

Gabor

I have contacted the man behind Ciro directly and he said that the system is working so it is not clear why you are not able to arder from the site.

Gabor, thank you. I also contacted Lubomir as my order showed an error (it did the first time as well) and he did respond the fist time to let me know he received the order and payment.

Regards,

Sorry this is the most I could do.

Best regards

Gabor

Thank for help but still cane access his page!!! :bandhead2:

• 7 months later...

Pardon me if I jump in and ask a question about this kit. If I wanted to show the MIG coming in for a landing will the positionable parts in the kit be okay? I have googled some images and watched some video of MIG-23s and I can only see the horizontal stabilizer and the flaps moving. Are there any other parts I need to be concerned about that should be opened or in some other position than what the kit offers?

The linked article indicates the leading edge and trailing edge flaps are not positionable. If I need to position the trailing edge flaps maybe a little surgery is not so hard? But I am not sure about hinges if I do that. It says the same thing about spoilers.

Bob