BL-755 cluster bomb - colours

I am going to paint my BL-755 cluster bombs for Sepecat Jaguar model.

As I can see on many pictures, this bomb is very often painted in green, but the tail is painted in olive colour.

Which is the proper way to paint this bomb: should I paint it all in one colour, or maybe it is necessary to paint it like on this picture?

4445309932_e2228cb9f1_b.jpg

The tails were indeed a different shade:

http://www.mycity-military.com/imgs2/113163_321399689_slike%20587.jpg

normally they were better protected from the elements unlike iron bombs so they would be more clean than what the pic you posted, but there were exceptions. The pic you posted are of RBL-755s which had the sensors on the tail section.

Jari

Most likely Wingman just looked at one BL-755, a display version, saw it had white markings and went with that. If you google BL-755 you'll find those with white markings are training or display weapons, maybe some aftermarket company will have the proper decals for it.

Jari

I guess the Wingman set is complimentary to their Alpha Jet kits? it also says EX on the decal sheet. This is usually written on german ground training rounds. There is a high chance that Wingman's BL755s (with these decals) do not represent live weapons.

Edited by Lancer512

The Wingman set depicts show or training (ground crew) bombs and are NOT for flight use.

Note the "EX" written in white too?

Streubombe_BL-755.jpg

Very poor attention to details unless Wingman is now making ordnance for models to be displayed as airshow or museum pieces.

Edited by loki