Top Gun 2: The Iceman Cometh

Val Kilmer posted this to his FB page this moring

I just got offered #‎topgun2 - not often you get to say "yes" without reading the script...

"It's starring Gene Hackman..."

"Yes" "The director is Francis Coppola..." "Yes!" They aren't involved in this production.

These are examples of what an actor says yes to- like

Jerry Bruckheimer and Tom Cruise!!! "Yes." We will all miss Tony Scott one of the kindest gentlemen I've ever met in the film biz, but let's fire up some fighter jets again!!! This is a long way off so calm down. This has been talked about for a long long time and being offered a role is very different from doing a role. I jumped the gun with my post. I jumped the topgun... An innocent mistake. It was just such a wonderful phone call with my agent...

top-gun-2.jpg

Maybe he'll be flying A-10s?

I was thinking a cargo plane out of Hong Kong carry rubber dog sh*t. He has seen better days but then again that was thirty years ago that topgun came out.

I think a cargo plane is the only aircraft that could fit his new girth- and that is in the back with the other cargo.

I'm still excited at the prospect. And if the Iceman is to make a reappearance, then he'll trim down for the role.

Of more concern is does he actually have the state of health to do it?

His weight's been like a yo-yo over the years because of health problems and his choice of "treatment".

No doubt he can trim down, but would his health permit him a role with more than moderate energy and action requirements?

I was thinking a cargo plane out of Hong Kong carry rubber dog sh*t. He has seen better days but then again that was thirty years ago that topgun came out.

As a plane spotter as well as modeler, I'd be very interested to watch said plane take off from Hong Kong, as many early 747s DC-10s etc are converted to cargo aircraft and see out the rest of their flying lives hauling cargo around the world.

And if Tom Cruise is involved in this effort, can we please have the Russians blast him from the skies with real MiGs?.

Edited by Ryan Hothersall

Of more concern is does he actually have the state of health to do it?

His weight's been like a yo-yo over the years because of health problems and his choice of "treatment".

No doubt he can trim down, but would his health permit him a role with more than moderate energy and action requirements?

True, but if you think about it, take away the volleyball scene from the first one (please take it away! :woot.gif: ) but without that there was very little "high-energy" action tasks for him in it. Basically walk around in a towel, sit in a seat and rock back and forth like you're bouncing in a jet and say some of that pilot jargon. That shouldn't take too much physical prowess. Just sayin'...

Bill

So a bunch of us middle-aged model builders are mocking Val Kilmer's current athetic shape? Have none of us SEEN any of us at the last model contest or hobby shop??? If given a choice between a 56 year old Val Kilmer or one of us, who do you think the ladies would rather take home?

Eric

So a bunch of us middle-aged model builders are mocking Val Kilmer's current athetic shape? Have none of us SEEN any of us at the last model contest or hobby shop??? If given a choice between a 56 year old Val Kilmer or one of us, who do you think the ladies would rather take home?

Eric

LOL, how true!

Eric

Point taken! :lol:

Eric

He's rich too!

I actually enjoyed Top Gun, it came out when we were greeted with personal surround sound entertainment systems, and it was very cool! I have stopped critizing Hollywood movies for quite some time now and enjoy them for what they are...entertainment! Should be a great flick.

Brad

You guys know that he is now back-peddling, a LOT!

Jumped the gun or wishful thinking?

Eric

Hmmmm, I think I still like my chances.

val-kilmer.jpg

Eric

Yep, I was fat back then, and I'm still fat. I came by it honestly, Val discovered it late in life. Damned straight I'll tease him! I earned the right to years ago!!

I've seen Val Kilmers wife. Mine's better!

I wonder if Tom Cruise will be on a Hoveround scooter instead of the motorcycle?

Yep, I was fat back then, and I'm still fat. I came by it honestly, Val discovered it late in life. Damned straight I'll tease him! I earned the right to years ago!!

I've seen Val Kilmers wife. Mine's better!

LOL! I've gained 30 lbs since I got married 17 years ago. I blame my wife's cooking. I also used to have a head of hair. Now I need to wear a baseball cap whenever I mow the yard to keep my bald spot from getting burned. Maybe when the end comes and I get to stand before the Pearly Gates, I'll get to look the way Iceman looked circa 1986. At this point in time, my physical appearance is a lost cause so I'm putting my hopes out for the next one.

Eric

For the most part, Gene Hackman is retired. Its been 11 years since he has made a film.

If anyone else follows Val Kilmer on FB (I do) there has been talk about him having a tumor on or in he neck area. If you look at the pics he has posted since returning from his last absence, there isn't one photo of him with a bare neck. He has a scarf, a bandana or something, around his neck all the time.

That said, as cheesy as it was/is, I enjoyed Top Gun, and hope that there is a sequel that has an original story line to it. If Kilmer is to be in it, that would be cool. If not, c'est la vie.