Iwata Power Jet pro

My general Utility Husky Scout compressor has been my source of air for air brushing the last 5 years. While it does a excellent job of maintaining a constant air supply, the nose and vibration has become a major issue in our home. So I limit my air brushing to late mornings and afternoons. Still, the nose from long painting sessions has been causing more and more issues with my wife. So I saved my pennies and bought an Iwata Power Jet Pro compressor from Chicago Air Supply that arrived today.

The compressor is a1/6 hp duel piston with a small air tank, twin air supplies with duel regulators, psi gauges, and moisture traps, so I can have both air brushes attached at the same time. The only drawback was the price: $467. But on the plus side it came with free shipping, and no tax. Shipping was directly from Iwata in Portland Or.

I've been air brushing on and off all afternoon, and she never heard any nose, nor felt any vibration in the den. Believe me, it's money extremely well spent.

Joel

c-iw-powerp-l.gif

It is wonderful that the new compressor keeps domestic peace.

More importantly, it makes airbrush session more enjoyable to you too.

Enjoy looking at the finished work you posted. They look wonderful to me.

Edited by Kei Lau

It is wonderful that the new compressor keeps domestic peace.

More importantly, it makes airbrush session more enjoyable to you too.

Enjoy looking at the finished work you posted. They look wonderful to me.

Kei Lau,

Ain't that the truth. Finally Domestic Peace after a full day of air brushing. And like I said, she never once heard it nor felt any vibration.

And thanks so much for those most kind words about my builds.

Joel

I have a small Campbell Hausfeld compressor with double hot dog tanks. It's a nice compressor for airbrushing. In fact, C-H calls it a hobby air compressor. The only problem is NOISE! When it kicks on, it is very noisy. My workbench in in the basement, right under our bedroom. Need I say more?!?! To keep peace in the family, I have been considering purchasing a quiet compressor, made for airbrushing. I want one with a tank to avoid the pulsing. I have always used Paasche airbrushes, so I have been looking at Paasche compressors. How does the Iwata Power Jet Pro compare with the Paasche DC600R? Maybe I should have made this a separate post, but we'll see how this goes. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Edited by balls47

Can't compare the Paasche, but as Joel booked, the Iwata is VERY quiet. My single piston model runs about a 50% duty cycle when spraying around 15psi. In my experience, a tank is not needed.

Of course, an air track that you fill at the shop will be dead quiet.

I have a small Campbell Hausfeld compressor with double hot dog tanks. It's a nice compressor for airbrushing. In fact, C-H calls it a hobby air compressor. The only problem is NOISE! When it kicks on, it is very noisy. My workbench in in the basement, right under our bedroom. Need I say more?!?! To keep peace in the family, I have been considering purchasing a quiet compressor, made for airbrushing. I want one with a tank to avoid the pulsing. I have always used Paasche airbrushes, so I have been looking at Paasche compressors. How does the Iwata Power Jet Pro compare with the Paasche DC600R? Maybe I should have made this a separate post, but we'll see how this goes. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Balls47,

Believe me, I feel your pain. Back in the 70s when I 1st got back into modeling from the mid 60's, I, like everyone else used as C/H compressor. Nosey would be an understatement, and we lived in a one bedroom apartment.

I took a look at the Paasche DC600R specs, and it is quite similar to the Iwata single piston jet. As a matter of fact the cases are the same. Since neither company builds compressors, it wouldn't surprise me that they're made by the same Chinese manufacture. If you purchase the compressor from Chicago Air Supply, you can even return the compressor if it doesn't meet your needs. Of course you will have to pay for the shipping back, even though there is no shipping charges. The price is about half of what I paid for a duel piston model, and is cheaper then the comparable Iwata model.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Balls47,

Believe me, I feel your pain. Back in the 70s when I 1st got back into modeling from the mid 60's, I, like everyone else used as C/H compressor. Nosey would be an understatement, and we lived in a one bedroom apartment.

I took a look at the Paasche DC600R specs, and it is quite similar to the Iwata single piston jet. As a matter of fact the cases are the same. Since neither company builds compressors, it wouldn't surprise me that they're made by the same Chinese manufacture. If you purchase the compressor from Chicago Air Supply, you can even return the compressor if it doesn't meet your needs. Of course you will have to pay for the shipping back, even though there is no shipping charges. The price is about half of what I paid for a duel piston model, and is cheaper then the comparable Iwata model.

Joel

Thanks Joel. I have used Chicago Air Supply on many occasions and have been quite pleased with them. I'll give 'em a call. Thanks again,

Tim

I bought an Iwata Power Jet Pro compressor a couple of years ago and love it. I had an Amazon gift card and got mine for around $400 with free shipping.

Iwata compressors are made by Sparmax in Taiwan and are a great quality product. However if I were to buy a compressor now I'd most likely buy the Sparmax TC620X which sells for around $264 and free shipping on Amazon and has a 1/6 HP duel piston with a 2.5 Liter air tank and a single moisture trap instead of 2 moisture traps like the Power Jet Pro. The Sparmax is basically a Power Jet Pro with a single moisture trap and a slightly larger(2.5 liter) air tank where as the Power Jet Pro has a 2 liter air tank. Both are excellent compressors and are made by Sparmax who makes the best compressors.

Edited by crowe-t