6!!!!!!! CF-104 Starfighters.

Another contract to build some models. This time 6 CF-104 Starfighters. 4 Hasegawa and 2 Esci.

DSC_0746_2.jpg

I started with the Esci as they will be the most work. Including some poorly moulded parts. Also having to remove some brown flakey substance from a lot of the parts. One wheel for example is not quite complete. Going to have to figure something out.

DSC_0747_2.jpg

So far the Esci kits involve much more work and putty then the Hasegaawa version. The Esci kits will be getting the simplest paint schemes.

DSC_0748_2.jpg

Oh, I don't intend to post many in progress shots of these ones. This photo was just to show the horror......The horror.

Then the completed ones.....IF I can save these first two.

Indeed! The Esci 1/48 kit is, as you say, a horror. OTOH, their 1/72 kit is really nice. Go figger.

The next ones are all going to be be built together. Mostly as the metal paints are SO stinking expensive and hard to find now. Figure paint once as opposed to cleaning out the airbrush and loosing all that paint three times.

THree silver, two in the 70s/80s and one in the 60s. Then one green job.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Shawn, you can let us all in on your little secret now...

...your doing the 12 Days Of Christmas in aircraft builds aren't you...?

I'm Guessing the 12th will be Phantoms ...or are you keeping with Canadian subjects and in that case they'd be Hornets!

Cheers!

:cheers:/>

David

Well, I DO have a bunch more Phantoms I want to build. Also Hornet schemes if I can find the kits. But right now its all commissions. What ever the customer wants is what I will be building for a while.

Course, I am off this year for much of Christmas, either by vacation or strike. Christmas at my job really blows dead bears. So it will be really nice to be home for a change.

Wow, looks great. I am surprised you have the canopies on and you are not even finished decalling as yet. I would have too much trouble if I did that. There would be broken canopies all over. I guess you do this often so you have this method dialed in :)

I built my only two ESCI F-104 kits many years ago and they were trouble but at least I finished them. I still have some Monogram ones and many Hasegawa ones so I am all set for my next CF-104 build.

Looking forward to the end results.

Phantom,

Your production line really goods quite good. Like Chris asked, why the open canopies on now. Seems like it would be just that much harder to do the decaling as you will have to turn the models over at some point.

Joel