Is it 2003 again?

$1.51 and up the street it's $1.79 in Eastern Kansas, prices all over the place. At least the stuff here doesn't contain ethanol.

it was a $1.89 in Wichita this morning... prices went up .11 overnight (it was $1.78 when I left for work last night)

On the downside, my company is doing some pretty serious RIF's due to having a large percentage of our business in the domestic energy sector, mostly in the northern US and Canada. Many other companies are also having significant layoffs. Just got back from oil country down in TX, it's hitting pretty hard down there as well. I'm pretty stoked about $2/gal gas but keep in mind that this is partially / wholly due to other oil producing nations trying to crush the US domestic energy industry. Lots of lost (high paying) jobs due to this.

It won't be like this for very long, enjoy it while you can.

and here in EU we have 1.21€ for 1l ( 1/4 of gallon ) go figure...

Yes, but you have health care and higher education without the risk of bankruptcy, you have trains, and you have infrastructure. That's the difference.

Not much difference in the price of fuel here in PA although it is cheaper then it has been in a while...oh and trains go by every 40 minutes and there is health care and all sorts of other goodies too...

:)

On the downside, my company is doing some pretty serious RIF's due to having a large percentage of our business in the domestic energy sector, mostly in the northern US and Canada. Many other companies are also having significant layoffs. Just got back from oil country down in TX, it's hitting pretty hard down there as well. I'm pretty stoked about $2/gal gas but keep in mind that this is partially / wholly due to other oil producing nations trying to crush the US domestic energy industry. Lots of lost (high paying) jobs due to this.

It won't be like this for very long, enjoy it while you can.

Don't worry bro, the US is going green has been since 2009

I'm pretty stoked about $2/gal gas but keep in mind that this is partially / wholly due to other oil producing nations trying to crush the US domestic energy industry. Lots of lost (high paying) jobs due to this.

Blame Canada.

gr-oilprod-300.gif

I just paid $1.69 for regular gas in SW Virginia. Regular price, not with a discount card. Amazing.

I think I paid about $1.86 yesterday. Since my beefy Kia Rio5 hatchback (don't laugh) gets about 25/gal in the city, my tank lasts two weeks and costs about $18.

Makes me happy :D