Wolfpak Dec 2015 Release

Gents:

Here is the December release from Wolfpak Decals:

Sheet 72-087 – The Devil Made Me do It

First up is a F-15A from the 433rd TFS with the squadron devil’s head on the tail band. This is followed by a F-4D of the same unit but during the Vietnam War. This particular aircraft was shot-down on a strike in which it dropped an AGM-62 Walleye. Took a lot of research to get this one and it’s load-outs. A Red Devils,VMF-232, FJ-4B from 1958 is next. I chose the operational markings rather than those one the museum aircraft. The Michigan ANG Red Devils and the New Jersey ANG, Jersey Devils are represented by the A-10C and F-16C on this sheet. Finally a bit of a change a sharkmouth EA-3B from VQ-2 with the famous "The Don" trademark of the Sandeman sherries and brandies that are made in Jerez/Spain just some 20 miles from Rota AB. (Thanks Joerg!)

Sheet 72-088 – A Drop of a Hat

A choice between a F-106A and F-106B from the 94th FIS in 1961 starts of this sheet. The markings are from the period before the NORAD insignia was carried on the right tail and includes the Hat in the Ring markings on both sides. Next are two F-35A’s from Luke AFB. You can model both the 56th FW and 61st FS commanders’ aircraft. The next choice is between two F-111F of the Mad Hatters, the 492nd TFS from Desert Storm. Both aircraft have mission marks. To round out the sheet is a U-6A Beaver from the 444th FIS.

Sheet 72-089 – Checkmate

A F-102A from the 102nd FIS of the New York ANG in SEA Camo with colorful markings starts of this sheet. Big thanks to Jim Szabo for the photos of his VF-211 F-14A from the Kittyhawk in 1983. A F-18A++ and F-18D both of VMFA-314, the Black Knights are next. The A++ is the commander’s jet and the D a line jet which is unusual for a Marine single seat unit. Up next is a White Knight from the 70th TFS in Euro I colors. Last but not least is the commander’s F-35A of the 34th FS, the first combat coded F-35 unit.

Sheet 12-15 – Thank You

As in the past I like to say thank you to my customers for your patronage. The Thank You sheet this year is full size and includes the following:

There are two F-4D’s from the 704th TFS of the Texas ANG. This unit experimented with a variety of camouflage schemes and here are two of them. The first is the standard Hill Grey scheme on the left side of the aircraft but with a gunship grey vertical tail on the right side. The second one moves the neutral grey-gunship grey demarcation line forward to almost the radome giving the aircraft a overall dark look. The 58th TFTW experimented with high visibility markings on the early F-15A’s. Here is the one with the orange and white D-Day stripes. Big thanks to by good friend Jim for the photos. A more mundane TA-4J aggressor follows. The last subject on the sheet is a three tone grey camouflaged RA-3B from VP-61.

Sheets 72-087, 88, & 89 will retail for $17.50 USD. Sheet 12-15 is free with the purchase of $35 of decals, excluding shipping. They should be on sale in a few weeks. Next up will be decals for the 48th scale crowd. Can you say ram?

Thanks.

Mark S.

Sht%2072-087%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Sht%2072-088%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Sht%2072-089%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Sht%2012-15%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Edited by Mark S.

I just hope Hobbyboss downsizes their 1/48 FJ-4 into 1/72 scale. The Emhar kit is a bit old. Don't like the thick canopy either.

That would be nice, but in the meantime there is the Pavla set for the Emhar kit which includes a vacform canopy.

3bCyOGs.jpg

Regards,

Murph

Mark,

excellent new releases. One small correction for the instructions regarding the EA-3B from VQ-2: The silhouette on the tail is no spook, but the famous "The Don" trademark of the Sandeman sherries and brandies that are made in Jerez/Spain just some 20 miles from Rota AB.

Cheers,

Joerg

Mark,

excellent new releases. One small correction for the instructions regarding the EA-3B from VQ-2: The silhouette on the tail is no spook, but the famous "The Don" trademark of the Sandeman sherries and brandies that are made in Jerez/Spain just some 20 miles from Rota AB.

Cheers,

Joerg

Who also kind of looks like the hamburglar...

Edited by Hoops
  • 2 weeks later...

Why are they putting F-18Ds in regular units, rather than leaving them in the dedicated AW squadrons, anybody know the reason?

I think it's just a matter of using whatever airframe is available. Single seat aircraft sometimes serve in Marine AW squadrons as well:

http://f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/m/mi28/20120330/20120330161801.jpg

Agreed.

But aren't 1/72 Hasegawa F-111s hard to come by?

I've looked high and low and only been able to find a Spark 'Vark (Which I bought).

Look on eBay. I got the couple of them that I have from there and at a reasonable price too. Might have to wait a bit though

You build models? ....;)/>

Jeff

I think I do? I go to the work bench every so often and kill the spiders that are trying to take over. I've actually have been working on some kits again. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you at the contest. I went looking for you and didn't find you. Hopefully we will not have to wait another year to meet up!