Afterburner Decals Reborn as Bullseye Model Aviation?

So I stumbled upon their page on FB, and they have a KILLER F-15 Eagle decal sheet coming out soon, as well as a nice Legacy Hornet one for VFA-81. On the old Afterburner page there is a link to the Bullseye page and the cover art page is set up just like the old Afterburner ones were, even many of the same layouts and fonts used. So I am thinking that this at least has some correlation with Afterburner.

Check out this link:

Bullseye Model Aviation Facebook Page

Anyway I thought I would share this here because I was excited to find this and had no idea this was in the works. Afterburner had some awesome subjects and great decals, would be great to have a new incarnation of them back!

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four

They posted this on their FB site back in June 15, 2014

Ok folks, so here we go. After much tribulation, and a couple of false starts, the new venture has wings...so to speak. Shawn Hull, Scott Brown and a few of the old cast of characters decided we still had too much left to do in the decal and accessory arena, so this is where we plant the flag and begin anew. A couple of things are different...first, unlike the old Afterburner brand, the focus here will remain on jets, but occasionally we will foray off into some other subjects. Second, the line will be exclusively dealt through Sprue Brothers Models. 2 huge reasons...while I REALLY enjoyed dealing directly with you folks as customers, eventually it just ate up all my time. Next...who does a better job than Sprue Brothers in getting your stuff out to you FAST? Nobody. Win squared.

At some point Shawn will determine how much of the Shull24 line he wants to incorporate into the new gig...my hope is quite a bit...the hobby industry misses his resin talents...a lot, plus he still has a dadblamed F-16D conversion to do!

Here's where we start for releases. One of the couple 3 remaining "holy grail" subjects near and dear to us was the Desert Storm jets of VFA-81, the story of the only USN fast jet kills of the war, and the sacrifice of Capt. Scott Speicher. This unit has captivated a lot of us for a long time, but we were lacking really decent markings. That changes now. Many of you have followed my research journey on this...geez for a decade now. I started working on this while in Iraq in 2004! With the help of a bunch of stellar folks who were in the squadron, we've managed to piece together the markings for all 9 Saratoga deployed jets, including the CAG.

We aren't going to put of a dedicated website just yet...I think the traffic on Sprue Brothers will suffice, and we'll do the discussion and previews here. Same scale rules apply...lots of 1/48, some 1/32. Cartograf printed as ususal. So, with that in mind, here's numero uno. I'll get some profiles and instructions up when those get done, and an estimated release date.

But this is the first I seen anything from them. Hope Shull24 comes back. Best resin around!

Edited by FAR148

They posted this back in June 15, 2014

Ok folks, so here we go. After much tribulation, and a couple of false starts, the new venture has wings...so to speak. Shawn Hull, Scott Brown and a few of the old cast of characters decided we still had too much left to do in the decal and accessory arena, so this is where we plant the flag and begin anew. A couple of things are different...first, unlike the old Afterburner brand, the focus here will remain on jets, but occasionally we will foray off into some other subjects. Second, the line will be exclusively dealt through Sprue Brothers Models. 2 huge reasons...while I REALLY enjoyed dealing directly with you folks as customers, eventually it just ate up all my time. Next...who does a better job than Sprue Brothers in getting your stuff out to you FAST? Nobody. Win squared.

At some point Shawn will determine how much of the Shull24 line he wants to incorporate into the new gig...my hope is quite a bit...the hobby industry misses his resin talents...a lot, plus he still has a dadblamed F-16D conversion to do!

Here's where we start for releases. One of the couple 3 remaining "holy grail" subjects near and dear to us was the Desert Storm jets of VFA-81, the story of the only USN fast jet kills of the war, and the sacrifice of Capt. Scott Speicher. This unit has captivated a lot of us for a long time, but we were lacking really decent markings. That changes now. Many of you have followed my research journey on this...geez for a decade now. I started working on this while in Iraq in 2004! With the help of a bunch of stellar folks who were in the squadron, we've managed to piece together the markings for all 9 Saratoga deployed jets, including the CAG.

We aren't going to put of a dedicated website just yet...I think the traffic on Sprue Brothers will suffice, and we'll do the discussion and previews here. Same scale rules apply...lots of 1/48, some 1/32. Cartograf printed as ususal. So, with that in mind, here's numero uno. I'll get some profiles and instructions up when those get done, and an estimated release date.

But this is the first I seen anything from them. Hope Shull24 comes back. Best resin around!

Interesting. I did see it took awhile for this to come to fruition, but I was not yet into the hobby (or on this site) at that point in 2014 and my search on this site did not yield any results. So this is a Sprue Brothers exclusive as well. Nice! I will be getting a couple of the F-15 Sheets for sure.

Interesting. I did see it took awhile for this to come to fruition, but I was not yet into the hobby (or on this site) at that point in 2014 and my search on this site did not yield any results. So this is a Sprue Brothers exclusive as well. Nice! I will be getting a couple of the F-15 Sheets for sure.

Sorry, was posted on their FB site.

I believe the re-branded launch was put on hold due real life commitments..

There's been some activity on the FB page this weekend with Instruction sheet profiles being posted,hopefully soon we'll see the decals for sale finally.

There will more likely than not be any reprint of any AB sheets. It has taken Scott a while to get the ball rolling so to speak, but he has had a very full plate over the past year. The first sheet is the ANG F-15's, with others in the que waiting for instruction work. Shawn's resin will not be returning soon, as he has had some major stuff happening in his life as well. We can all hope for the future. As of now, the first sheet is due sooner than later, and the instructions are done. Scott appreciates everyone's support!

Jeff

Edited by jefropas
  • 1 month later...

Any chance to get F-15C 78-0502 114th FS Oregon ANG 2014 or F-15D 85-0129 186th FS Montana ANG 2012 in 1/32 scale? :woot.gif:/>

It doesn't do you much good to ask here, the Bullseye folks don't frequent ARC.

Hoops

It doesn't do you much good to ask here, the Bullseye folks don't frequent ARC.

Hoops

Their loss. Ours too I suppose...

They are one Facebook but it would be a lot easier on here

Well,funny thing...Till the Warden grants a pardon, or maybe it isn't being excepted, no joy here.

But, based on what has been posted on other sites, Facebook seems to work just fine.

Edited by Sabre Freak
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, otis252 said:

Don't even mention 32nd scale. You'll never even get an acknowledgement, learned my lesson.

Chuck

this also happens when someone asks for 72nd scale.The demanding is here especially for Aggressor schemes,exotic schemes,whatever Tomcat lets you sleep at night minus those decommission schemes those plain'n'grey schemes or literally who ANG / AFRES idgaf of them anniversary schemes.They keep on feeding the wrong scale as always

They print what sells the best in the US, and despite anybody's wishes, it's 48th scale. It's that simple, 32nd makes a very few sheets, but 72nd has been mostly a losing game. I know Wolfpack has had a lot of success with his mixed themed sheets, but single subjects are still a very hard sell. That's a reason Superscale and others mostly stopped in 72nd too. I build a lot of 72nd, so I feel everyone's pain, I just don't know what will help it change...

Jeff