Vale Ross Blackford

DDC,

Oh MY goodness ,that is a real shock to hear.. :crying2:

I always liked Ross and he was full of knowledge about things ....

he sure was a noble gentleman and I will miss him.

MY Condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends and all those who knew him..

May I ask was he ill or was this sudden because it is truly sad news to hear of his passing.

Rest In Peace Ross... :salute:

HOLMES

Jeez, that is very sad to read.

Ross liked a good conversation, I had a few with him over the years myself.

It's always sad to hear about people from the forums that you have read their posts over the years pass away.

Rest in peace Ross.

Jeff.

I never met Ross - but we were obviously on the same wavelength when it came to our mutual interest in Russian aircraft.

He always came across as a nice guy - helpful and considerate.

It comes as a bit of a shock to read about his passing - I shall miss his posts and banter.

RIP

Ken

Wow, rest in peace, Ross.

Prayers and sympathies to his family and close friends.

We will miss you here, Ross ...

I was enjoyed your stories, they gave a little insight to life in Australia.

-Gregg

Here on ARC we have friends, with whom we communicate via PM's thru which we get to know the person a little better, though most of the time we never have a face to face meeting. Ross Blackford is one such person to me. We often talked (via PM) about different subjects very little of which was modeling; he and I had our own monikers; he was downunder Ross, and I was upover Clif referencing our locations. Ross was a person with whom I easily talked and we shared a faith, he told me once that my quiet faith gave him a boost, for which I'm glad I know in talking with him I felt better afterwards and got a boost from him, we often say someone will be missed meaning their presence and we will no longer benefit from their contributions, advice, insight; however in my case I'll have one less friend to talk to when things get tough. I can't speak for others, but I know his passing will have a deep affect on me. Ross shared with me some of the goings on in his personal life, things he'd do, places he'd go, and I felt like I'd been there with him to a degree. Oz and the world will be a different place without him, and I'm sure those who were friends and mates downunder will miss him even more. Ross I'm sure you're in a better place, there are many here on ARC who will miss you, some more than others.

Godspeed my friend; you were a truly good mate, and may you rest in eternal peace I'll be saying a prayer for you as I do every night.

I pray your family and very close friends will find solace and comfort at one of the most difficult times life brings in knowing how much you meant to others.

:pray: :pray:

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Sad and shocking to read. I remember Ross as a GB mod in 2010 for the trainers GB. My first Gb I joined and Ross was the "guide" from downunder. He did a marvellous job as a mod and I had a good feeling in that virtual group.

Rest in peace, I will always remember you the times we enjoyed the trainers GB. :salute:/>

Edited by tobiK