CD72049 - C-119 Flying Boxcar

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, now that the C-46 (a project that I have been working on along with the C-119) is out of the way, this is going to be ready soon. Part of the set is already printed and I will send the rest soon.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, KursadA said:

Yes, now that the C-46 (a project that I have been working on along with the C-119) is out of the way, this is going to be ready soon. Part of the set is already printed and I will send the rest soon.

Very encouraging news!  Any C-119Ks or Ls on the sheet?

Edited by Dutch
C-119K / C-119L
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, KursadA said:

I will consider adding the Ethiopian or Jordan schemes to the 1/144 sheet if there is space. Not so sure about the 1/72 sheet - I would rather use the limited space with as many USAF/ANG schemes as I possibly can.

If you do go this route would you consider doing a 1/72 International C-119 sheet in the future?

Matt

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/2/2015 at 4:18 PM, KursadA said:

I think Thunderbirds was fairly nicely done by another company a while ago? I am primarily interested in covering cargo haulers as well as interesting AC-119 with nose art; but I will consider Thunderbirds after I do a bit more research on the subject.

Warbirds Decals Red is suspiciously brownish, and like someone else posted there are no placing guidelines.

You did one for the C-54 which was waaayyyy better...

I had a photo, or photos, of a C-119 with the name Green Hornet on the rear booms. I cannot find these now at all. Anybody know what I’m talking about?  May have been a Marine bird in Korea. May have been a unit name?  Wish I could find those. 

Rick L. 

13 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

I had a photo, or photos, of a C-119 with the name Green Hornet on the rear booms. I cannot find these now at all. Anybody know what I’m talking about?  May have been a Marine bird in Korea. May have been a unit name?  Wish I could find those. 

Rick L. 

It is the 61st Troop Carrier Squadron. I have the photo you mentioned. It will be one of the options on the sheet.