Dragon gets a Star Wars License it seems.

It could be how they handle their real space models. Typically it seems like they issue a pre-painted display "model" and then break it down and offer the same thing as an unpainted kit with a few changes to make it more "modeler" material. Like they did with the large 1/72 scale Saturn V. If that's the case it might be worth it for a good starting point of a super-detail project. I'm maintaining hopeful optimism.

Bill

It could be how they handle their real space models. Typically it seems like they issue a pre-painted display "model" and then break it down and offer the same thing as an unpainted kit with a few changes to make it more "modeler" material. Like they did with the large 1/72 scale Saturn V. If that's the case it might be worth it for a good starting point of a super-detail project. I'm maintaining hopeful optimism.

Bill

Bill, time will tell.

Well nothing is really known at this stage so we can remain hopeful (cautiously optimistic perhaps?). A couple discussions on other sites are already pointing out errors based on the two shots Dragon has released. But hey, sci-fi modelers are no different from aircraft or armor modelers in that often times people are quick to jump on errors when what we are initially shown isn't what is actually produced (IIRC some folks were critical of the photos released by Bandai of their X-Wings and Falcon and yet they turned out pretty darn good). So, we'll see. I will be interested to see the cost as its got to be way up there in price when all is said and done.

:cheers:

EDIT: Lets not forget too that Bandai is still rumored to be working on a 1/48 AT-AT. If they do release one it will be in a scale that matches their Snow Speeder and AT-ST as well as others. So...we may yet have options and options are good :thumbsup: !

Edited by Don

There was a photo circling a few days ago that showed the Dragon design teams stack of AT-AT reference materials (or so we are/were lead to believe). That picture stirred the debate over the AT-AT's accuracy (another topic for another time I imagine). But aside from that I haven't seen anything new. Right now there is a truckload of hoopla surrounding TFA movie and Star Wars in general. Merchandise sales...based on my observations in trying to get my Son TFA action figures and vehicles for Christmas...sure look to be a pretty lucrative business right now. Dragon may want to send out as many teasers as they can, taking a page out of Disney's playbook, to keep the fires stoked. Then again...its an AT-AT... who doesn't like AT-AT's... :D .

Cheers!

Don.

There was a photo circling a few days ago that showed the Dragon design teams stack of AT-AT reference materials (or so we are/were lead to believe). That picture stirred the debate over the AT-AT's accuracy (another topic for another time I imagine). But aside from that I haven't seen anything new. Right now there is a truckload of hoopla surrounding TFA movie and Star Wars in general. Merchandise sales...based on my observations in trying to get my Son TFA action figures and vehicles for Christmas...sure look to be a pretty lucrative business right now. Dragon may want to send out as many teasers as they can, taking a page out of Disney's playbook, to keep the fires stoked. Then again...its an AT-AT... who doesn't like AT-AT's... :D/> .

Cheers!

Don.

Don, I just hope it the model, not a toy.

Don, I just hope it the model, not a toy.

Completely agree! Please please please.

And can the Star Destroyer get some love too from somebody...anybody!!

Fine then. I'll settle for 1/48.

:thumbsup: 1/whatever scale...for one of the most iconic ships in the SW universe it NEEDS a new kit in some half decently sized scale. The old MPC/AMT/Ertl kit is so long in the tooth it isn't funny. That and the price that it commands to secure one is crazy.

Anyone out there in the sci-fi kit making industry reading this... :wave:

Edited by Don

:thumbsup:/> 1/whatever scale...for one of the most iconic ships in the SW universe it NEEDS a new kit in some half decently sized scale. The old MPC/AMT/Ertl kit is so long in the tooth it isn't funny. That and the price that it commands to secure one is crazy.

Anyone out there in the sci-fi kit making industry reading this... :wave:/>

:cheers:/>

Yes, I'm sure they are. But they don't have a license to produce kids. A real shame if you ask me.

My hope is the "Phase 1" title. I take it to mean more phases to come. I am disappointed in the 1/144 scale stuff myself. I mean the Falcon in that scale is o.k...but we already have Bandai and FM. The rest is just too small for my personal liking (key words there). The 1/35 AT-AT sounds awesome, but I think it will either be too toy like for me or waaaay too pricey for me to personally justify purchasing. Meh, who knows. Another 1/144 Falcon may keep the prices down on the Bandai and FM offerings...? But personally, I am not too excited by what I see.

Still no Star Destroyer... <_<

EDIT: I correct myself...the 1/144 AT-AT intrigues me...

Edited by Don

My hope is the "Phase 1" title. I take it to mean more phases to come. I am disappointed in the 1/144 scale stuff myself. I mean the Falcon in that scale is o.k...but we already have Bandai and FM. The rest is just too small for my personal liking (key words there). The 1/35 AT-AT sounds awesome, but I think it will either be too toy like for me or waaaay too pricey for me to personally justify purchasing. Meh, who knows. Another 1/144 Falcon may keep the prices down on the Bandai and FM offerings...? But personally, I am not too excited by what I see.

Still no Star Destroyer... <_</>

:cheers:/>

EDIT: I correct myself...the 1/144 AT-AT intrigues me...

WORD