Dragon gets a Star Wars License it seems.

Am I totally missing something?

There are no renders on that page.

The graphic that purportedly hints at a 1/35 AT-ST shows five of the seven kits that have been announced in 1/144.

How are they getting 'hints at a 1/35 AT-ST' out of that?!?

Off topic slightly, but can anyone confirm Zvezda getting a Star Wars license too? I can't read Russian and this is all I could find:

1150819_10208309225994518_7785095607620462742_n_zpsupkwh2ws.jpg

1000647_10208309226114521_351027122367158257_n_zpsin4tbr6k.jpg

That sure looks like a 60cm (approx. 24") Star Destroyer from the Rebels cartoon pictured!!

The graphic that purportedly hints at a 1/35 AT-ST shows five of the seven kits that have been announced in 1/144.

I think it's more of a wishful hoping that a 1/35 AT-ST comes out, you never know. Besides if they do a 1/35 ATAT why not a AT-ST as well?

Jari

http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/russian.htm + Google Translate =

STAR WAR

Imperial Star Destroyer

Feel the power of the destroyer STAR

Collect CHIEF* OF EMPIRE

The biggest team model

made under the official license of Disney,

it would be a perfect gift

for you and your children

*Fun fact: there is a very important distinction between ГЛАВНЫЙ, which means 'chief', and 'ГАВНЫЙ', which very much does NOT mean chief. :D

Like a lot of things when it comes to sci-fi models it depends which movie model they use, which drawings, blueprints or whatever. In this case it's a Star Destroyer from the Rebels TV show so apparently it's 1/2667 scale. To make it a later Imperial-Class type Star Destroyer (i.e. Needa's "Avenger" or Vader's "Devastator") you would have to lower the neck for sure and probably make a few other changes. But honestly, I REALLY hope this is indeed going to be produced as we NEED a new Star Destroyer and perhaps...just perhaps...it might lead to more SD versions.

2016 should be exciting for Star Wars modelers!

Cheers!

Don.

Like a lot of things when it comes to sci-fi models it depends which movie model they use, which drawings, blueprints or whatever. In this case it's a Star Destroyer from the Rebels TV show so apparently it's 1/2667 scale. To make it a later Imperial-Class type Star Destroyer (i.e. Needa's "Avenger" or Vader's "Devastator") you would have to lower the neck for sure and probably make a few other changes. But honestly, I REALLY hope this is indeed going to be produced as we NEED a new Star Destroyer and perhaps...just perhaps...it might lead to more SD versions.

2016 should be exciting for Star Wars modelers!

Cheers!

Don.

I hope so.

The author clearly went to journalism school.

Well, if that first image is actually from Dragon then it definitely hints at 1/35 scale AT-ST's as well as Snow Speeders and maybe even X-wings. After all the title on the image is 1/35 scale series Battle of Hoth. It doesn't say AT-AT so it hints that there are more than one model from that series.

Bill

I took the image as being the "Phase 1" line, which includes the 1/144 Snowspeeder, AT-ST, Falcon, X-Wings, TIE, and AT-AT (all seen in that one reddish drawing). They (Dragon) formally announced the 1/35 AT-AT but to my knowledge haven't come out with any other 1/35 Star Wars announcements. Would it be cool? OF COURSE! But all I see are the "Phase 1" kits myself. Who knows really?

Cheers!

Don.

Edited by Don

I hope Zvezda is not jumping on the hypetrain with this crap,really I don't want 1/72 stuff getting delayed cause they are busy making idgaf kits.Feels like boatsh!t collection all over again,waiting Ques Q and other manufacturers to release Touhou figures and instead they released tons of overpriced and crappy figures from a stupid browser game

Should say goodbye to Dragon till they will finally restart to scaledown their 1/35 tanks in a proper scale

Edited by Mizar

I took the image as being the "Phase 1" line, which includes the 1/144 Snowspeeder, AT-ST, Falcon, X-Wings, TIE, and AT-AT (all seen in that one reddish drawing). They (Dragon) formally announced the 1/35 AT-AT but to my knowledge haven't come out with any other 1/35 Star Wars announcements. Would it be cool? OF COURSE! But all I see are the "Phase 1" kits myself. Who knows really?

Cheers!

Don.

NO, I was referring to the first image on this site: http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/12/large-scale-at-at-dragon-makes-your.html?m=1

Again, not sure where the image comes from but it looks to be inline with the other images Dragon has put out and it DOES indicate other 1/35 scale models. Otherwise it wouldn't say 1/35 scale "series". I'm crossing my fingers on this.

Bill

Edited by niart17

I hope Zvezda is not jumping on the hypetrain with this crap,really I don't want 1/72 stuff getting delayed cause they are busy making idgaf kits.Feels like boatsh!t collection all over again,waiting Ques Q and other manufacturers to release Touhou figures and instead they released tons of overpriced and crappy figures from a stupid browser game

Should say goodbye to Dragon till they will finally restart to scaledown their 1/35 tanks in a proper scale

I totally agree. I mean, how dare a company do something they think will make a bunch of money, and which will help them fund future releases for years to come? Making kits for a massively popular and incredibly lucrative video game? What were they thinking?!? That's just as bad as Hasegawa releasing all that Ace Combat garbage!

If it's not something that I am explicitly interested in, it should never be made!

Edited by MoFo

I totally agree. I mean, how dare a company do something they think will make a bunch of money, and which will help them fund future releases for years to come? Making kits for a massively popular and incredibly lucrative video game? What were they thinking?!? That's just as bad as Hasegawa releasing all that Ace Combat garbage!

If it's not something that I am explicitly interested in, it should never be made!

Yeah but Hasegawa works is all about repack and print some decals,they are not doing putting projects on hold because something more profitable hit the shelves.They are not even making any other Ace Combat related kits,at least Creator Works page is plenty of oh look is another Macross/idgaf kit

Want to get on and move to figure marketing?Look at Kotobukiya or Good Smile Company or why not Mega House releases for the past 3 years

DC & Marvel crap,Bishoujo line was fine at first then broken spines,lazy eyes,imba tights everywhere

If it's not is another Sakuya from Shining series we are not making any other char,oh well they did release Airy and Amil

It's another Hatsune Miku,it's another Pokacho,it's another Sonico!

Hey look boatsh!t for sure is not better than GuP let's release 5053 figures + 5057 repaints + 7777 standard figure and a armor piece for the price oh well let's milk those countryside folks even more and double the profit

We don't know what to do,let's pick Nico Robin resculpt something,give her more boooooooobs,new paintjob and make even more profits with this 4th edition.What did you say?Do a figure of Acchi Kocchi?No we are not doing that,sorry...

Greed ruins everything,they don't release anything interesting for just one year?Good I can live with that,but for example

oink

2014 was even worse because that incomplete mess of SnK happened

oink

Waiting good stuff from Koto since 2011,still has to happen...but we are OT,right?

Ain't touching Bandai cause they are releasing tons of crappy Gundams and despite endlessly milking people they still have to finish the Side AS line from Full Metal Panic,are they going bankrupt if the Shadow and the Eligor don't sell well?I don't think so as the Gundam fanbase will cover the expense for it.

Edited by Mizar

Odd, I haven't heard anyone really complain too loudly over Bandai's Star Wars kits. I just finished one of their X-Wing's and personally think its the best in that scale, ahead of Fine Molds:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=289447

I also have all of their other 1/72 SW kits as well as their 1/48 Snowspeeder and AT-ST and think they are little gems. Their 1/144 Falcon is also sweet. So, personally I'll gladly buy what Bandai produces.

As far as Dragon goes, I am taking a "wait and see" approach. If they produce a half decent product that's not overly toy like and doesn't cost a small fortune then GREAT! More options for us Star Wars modelers and options are good...no? They have announced various 1/144 kits and one 1/35 kit so far (all else is guess work/speculation for now without a formal announcement). But I want to see some actual models, test shots, and get some general (ballpark) prices etc before I get too excited. Right now its all drawings and artist renderings. Make no mistake, I am not trying to be a downer here as I do hope Dragon delivers. But right now we don't have a truckload to go on.

Cautiously optimistic...

:cheers:

Well it's because most forums or people share the same points of view/interests and have a strange tendency to drive away who doesn't share their interests,short terms "you are a troll get out of there"

Manufactures pick a line of products and do the same subjects over and over just adding a 2016 here,a repaint there and whatnot,it's ticks me off cause there are better things than a rehash of whatever movie they copied with TFA,or let's say Gundam yet they totally ignore said products even if they are just printing money with a repaint or a modified RX-78-2.

Saving my money for better things