Dragon gets a Star Wars License it seems.

Yeah but Hasegawa works is all about repack and print some decals,they are not doing putting projects on hold because something more profitable hit the shelves.They are not even making any other Ace Combat related kits,at least Creator Works page is plenty of oh look is another Macross/idgaf kit

Want to get on and move to figure marketing?Look at Kotobukiya or Good Smile Company or why not Mega House releases for the past 3 years

DC & Marvel crap,Bishoujo line was fine at first then broken spines,lazy eyes,imba tights everywhere

If it's not is another Sakuya from Shining series we are not making any other char,oh well they did release Airy and Amil

It's another Hatsune Miku,it's another Pokacho,it's another Sonico!

Hey look boatsh!t for sure is not better than GuP let's release 5053 figures + 5057 repaints + 7777 standard figure and a armor piece for the price oh well let's milk those countryside folks even more and double the profit

We don't know what to do,let's pick Nico Robin resculpt something,give her more boooooooobs,new paintjob and make even more profits with this 4th edition.What did you say?Do a figure of Acchi Kocchi?No we are not doing that,sorry...

Greed ruins everything,they don't release anything interesting for just one year?Good I can live with that,but for example

oink

2014 was even worse because that incomplete mess of SnK happened

oink

Waiting good stuff from Koto since 2011,still has to happen...but we are OT,right?

Ain't touching Bandai cause they are releasing tons of crappy Gundams and despite endlessly milking people they still have to finish the Side AS line from Full Metal Panic,are they going bankrupt if the Shadow and the Eligor don't sell well?I don't think so as the Gundam fanbase will cover the expense for it.

Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're saying, perhaps a language barrier or something, but bottom line is model and/or toy companies are in the business to make money. What sells sells and what doesn't doesn't. That's why people who like fringe subjects aren't happy when companies don't offer those fringe subjects and instead opt to try to make a profit. Call it greed or whatever, but unless you or a lot of people like you are willing to either 1. start up a model company making all of the kits you want or 2. buy a boat load of kits of the subjects you want, then unfortunately there's little that can be done. That's just the simple nature of business.

Bill

So you are fine if out of spite companies like Airfix instead of picking some modern subjects they just pick Lightning,BF-109,Spitfire and other overdone subjects?

Because this is what they are doing,I didn't link the figures prepainted line released by Kotobukiya during 2010,but it's quite clear that once they obtained DC and Marvel licenses they basically dropped everything,even Evangelion is not getting the eternal Asuka and what not in yearly basis,and I hate Evangelion too.

I know the profits,risks and whatever for a company,but in the past two years especially for figures and anime/game merchandise all we are getting are always the same rehashed stuff.

I wasted some money and did a trip in Japan during past Wonder Festival hoping to get some resin garage kit,most of those GK Clubs were just offering crapcolle figures,checked Koto,GSC etc stands and there it was nothing good for both my and other people tastes,if GSC thinks that every year I MUST purchase their Hatsune Miku they are plainly wrong.

Now back to build-able things what if Dragon drops or slows newer 1/35 tank projects because the crappy wars line makes more profits,and they just start to rebox the very same kit with different decals?Well everyone is doing that but at least they dare to release a newer tool,a newer tool that is always in the wrong scale with the wrong markings but at least they are still doing that.We all know Zvezda times,right?What if they double because of it?Aren't you going to grow tired or give up with the long wait times?

Are you happy when you ask them stuff like "well you have an Su-33 now,doing an Su-37 is not a big deal since your tool is done in a way that will let you add or print specific version parts without retooling the entire thing" and then they just proceed to ignore you and release another T-34 or T-72 variants or some ugly aircraft in a prototype form

So you are fine if out of spite companies like Airfix instead of picking some modern subjects they just pick Lightning,BF-109,Spitfire and other overdone subjects?

Because this is what they are doing,I didn't link the figures prepainted line released by Kotobukiya during 2010,but it's quite clear that once they obtained DC and Marvel licenses they basically dropped everything,even Evangelion is not getting the eternal Asuka and what not in yearly basis,and I hate Evangelion too.

I know the profits,risks and whatever for a company,but in the past two years especially for figures and anime/game merchandise all we are getting are always the same rehashed stuff.

I wasted some money and did a trip in Japan during past Wonder Festival hoping to get some resin garage kit,most of those GK Clubs were just offering crapcolle figures,checked Koto,GSC etc stands and there it was nothing good for both my and other people tastes,if GSC thinks that every year I MUST purchase their Hatsune Miku they are plainly wrong.

Now back to build-able things what if Dragon drops or slows newer 1/35 tank projects because the crappy wars line makes more profits,and they just start to rebox the very same kit with different decals?Well everyone is doing that but at least they dare to release a newer tool,a newer tool that is always in the wrong scale with the wrong markings but at least they are still doing that.We all know Zvezda times,right?What if they double because of it?Aren't you going to grow tired or give up with the long wait times?

Are you happy when you ask them stuff like "well you have an Su-33 now,doing an Su-37 is not a big deal since your tool is done in a way that will let you add or print specific version parts without retooling the entire thing" and then they just proceed to ignore you and release another T-34 or T-72 variants or some ugly aircraft in a prototype form

Why are you in this thread again?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk because that's honestly not what my intention is and perhaps there is something literally being lost in translation here, but you're ("Mizar") upset that Dragon (and potentially Zvezda) are/maybe entering into the Star Wars modeling market while ignoring your anime and other such figure interests? Or that this might mean that Dragon will ignore the 1/35 armor crowd because its focusing on Star Wars models? If it's an interest of yours being ignored then as modelers we can sympathize with that as we all have a subject or subjects that we wish someone would produce in mainstream kit form (heck, I am still waiting for a laundry list of Star Wars vehicles that are long overdue for a new tool or a first ever production run). But our individual interests do not mean that a majority of others share those same interests in sufficient numbers to warrant a modeling manufacturer to produce a model of said interest (if that makes sense). In other words if X-Wing's or TIE fighters are going to fly off the shelves while Naboo Fighters, Headhunters, or even V-Wings are going to sit on those same shelves then model companies are going to produce X-Wings and TIE's because they make money. Right? If you feel Dragon will ignore their 1/35 armor crowd while focusing on Star Wars I can pretty much assure you that they won't.

This thread is about Star Wars models being produced by Dragon (and I threw in rumors of Zvezda as well because it was still sort of on topic and I didn't feel that it warranted a separate thread...and I started the initial thread anyways so I can hijack it if I want to... :D...LOL!). Most folks who have contributed to this thread have an obvious interest in Star Wars and Star Wars modeling. We are all pretty excited and hopeful for what may be in store for us. For decades all we Star Wars fans had were old and inaccurate MPC/AMT kits or Revell kits that were "o.k."...not stellar but good. Now we have some GREAT...FANTASTIC options open to us!!!! It's an exciting time to be a Star Wars modeler! Even new tool kits of subjects already done provide us with options. You may not like what Bandai has produced in their Star Wars line because you see them as more of the same. To me (and others here I take it) they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything done by MPC/AMT or Revell! To many they supersede Fine Molds. My goodness even the new Revell TFA kits are really quite good and can be made into respectable replicas.

All I am trying to say is that if Star Wars models don't interest you then perhaps this isn't your thread? And no I am not calling you a troll and no I am not telling you to take a hike. But if Star Wars modeling isn't your thing...well then again perhaps this isn't a good thread. You could always start one of your own about anime or figures or whatever interest you.

Anyways, take care :wave: .

:cheers:

Ace Combat... Creator Works... Macross... Kotobukiya or Good Smile Company or why not Mega House... DC & Marvel crap,Bishoujo line... Sakuya from Shining... Airy and Amil... Hatsune Miku... Pokacho... Sonico... GuP... Nico Robin... Acchi Kocchi... SnK... Gundams... Full Metal Panic...Shadow and the Eligor...

IDGAF about any that Anime crap.

None of that boatsh!t should ever get made, and all of those companies should either focus entirely on catering to my own personal whims, or else go out of business. Bandai shouldn't even have existed until 2014, when they started doing some Star Wars kits that were kind of neat. Other than that, though, it's all garbage and absolutely should not exist, because if I don't want to buy them, nobody else should, either.

so I don't have the right to complain while you are allowed or what are you playing at?

I hate stuff that is made for sole purpose to sell it to the mummy masses,there are little gems scattered everywhere most in said places of which you dgaf.

As long is crap make by Hollywood I don't care,I barely watch any kind of movies,tv-series etc cause they all start with good purposes then they prolong it with pure nonsense,recycle old enemies reboot them as they are just out of ideas,really I don't care.But I start to care when everyone and their mother jumps the shark and focus only on said franchise,delaying whatever was in their plans cause muh money is far way better than please their own customers.

Are you afraid that I don't like what you like?Is there any cosmic rule written somewhere which forces me to like and share Dragon or Zvezda decisions?Shall I start to stalk Revell too till they scale down their 1/48 Rafale,do the same with Kinetic cause for the 72th masses they have chosen the fugly AMX instead of a proper Mirage 2000 family?

I'm really not sure I understand the logic behind complaining about a manufacturer making a series of models simply because they aren't making a different series you want. Not to be mean but why not complain that Wing Nut Wings isn't making Anime models? Or that Eduard doesn't make War Games models or whatever. And it's always funny when someone says things like "selling to the mummy masses", because I LOVE to be called a mummy simply because I like popular subjects. :woot.gif: Bottom line, Find a niche market. Do some research about how to make models, either injection molded or resin or vinyl or whatever you think you can sell. Learn how to market them and then start a company. If it fits the needs of enough people (who aren't mummies) to stay afloat then congratulations. If not then you'll understand why companies don't produce obscure products on a mass scale. Because in the real world there are a lot more mummies than there are people who like obscure modeling subjects. the hobby is getting small enough as it is and companies are competing for people's attention enough already.

Also, consider that these Star Wars models might actually bring more people into the hobby that may have never considered building a model until they saw something from an extremely popular movie and wanted to give it a try. If you get more people interesting in building models (especially Sci-Fi) then the chances of adding more people interested in Anime models may increase enough to warrant companies taking on the financial risk of making more obscure subjects. Or you could just seethe over the fact that nobody wants to make the models you want. That could be fun too I guess. Either way, it's cool.

Bill

Wow, just wow! Just how old are you? You sound just like those misguided, self-entitled, self-righteous, stuck in a 3 yr old brain 'strawberry gen' high school kids I used to teach! Contrary to popular belief the world and society does not revolve around you and your wants, unless your dad happens to be Bill Gates or Jack Ma or any of the ultra billionaires out there who can conceivably afford to actually buy off a company to make what you want. Most companies exists to make a profit, not for you, but their shareholders and to do that they actually do need products that can sell and sell very well at that. 100k boxes of a product that only you like sitting in a warehouse does them no good. It doesn't put money in the bank, it doesn't pay for rental and other expenses and it definitely doesn't help the hundreds and thousands of minimum wage workers who actually made those products put food on their families' tables. In short everybody dies!

There's a major difference between complaining and whining, and you are definitely in in the latter category. So like MoFo and niart17 said, if you are that pissed off about companies only making stuff that appeal and sell to the teeming masses, do something about it. Go start your own business making stuff you like, who knows it might even turn you a nice profit! That's how most of the aftermarket businesses in this hobby got started in the first place but stop screaming about how victimized you are and all that crap. It gets really old really quick.

Cheerio

well, that might be a bit harsh. I understand the frustration he feels. As a real space and sci-fi fan I get frustrated that there aren't more of the kits I like. But not sure complaining in an unrelated thread really does anything. But hey if you can't vent among other modelers, then where can ya'. :thumbsup:

But he did call us mummies... :whistle:

Bill

Mummies I can handle...but come on now, he referred to Star Wars as "crappy wars" and THAT'S just plain uncalled for and is cause for banishment...:explode:!!!

:lol:

(sarcastic tone now set to "off"... :))

Mummies I can handle...but come on now, he referred to Star Wars as "crappy wars" and THAT'S just plain uncalled for and is cause for banishment...:explode:/>!!!

:lol:/>

(sarcastic tone now set to "off"... :)/>)

Oh you're right! I hadn't considered the ramifications of his comments. I'll get the matches, you bring the stake! :woot.gif:

Bill

Oh you're right! I hadn't considered the ramifications of his comments. I'll get the matches, you bring the stake! :woot.gif:/>

Bill

:rofl:...done!

I heard the Revell Star Destroyer was this one (but I could be wrong):

http://www.revell.de/en/products/star-wars/star-wars-easykit-pocket/id/06735.html

It's pretty tiny and not much to it. But hey....its a Star Destroyer right!!!

Honestly, it's almost gotten to the point where I'd take a re-release of the MPC/AMT Star Destroyer just to lower the price the things sell for on online auction sites and even vendor tables. Each to their own but personally I am not paying $60+ for that kit. They aren't great but they can be worked with if they can be had for a decent price. For such an iconic Star Wars ship to not have a nice sized kit available seems crazy to me. I mean it's a Star Destroyer!

Dare we ever ask for a Super Star Destroyer...:o ??

:cheers:

All.