replacement parts from Kitty Hawk

Anyone know a better way to get replacement parts from Kitty Hawk? The canopy in my Mig-25 kit was crushed by the metal ball inside.

I've sent them two emails (to both listed addresses) as well as posted on their Facebook page.

So far, I've gotten zero response. Not great for customer service.

thanks!

Mike

Where did you purchase it? They are the 1st I'd contact. Find out from them where they got it....Then that Distributor can sometimes be the US contact point for replacement parts. Much like MRC is for Academy, Hobbico/Tower Hobbies for Hasegawa, Squadron for Hobby Boss and so on...

HTH

@ Viper730 - I got it second hand from the boards. Not sure where they got it from.

Unc2 - My first email to them was almost a year ago. The second was about a month, followed up with a Facebook post on their page.

Still no response to either.

Kitty Hawk does not replace parts, that's why I haven't bought the kingfisher. Love the plane, but can't support a company that doesn't care about their customers. I gave up on getting replacement parts for my short shot sabre a long time ago. Trust me they don't care about anything but getting your money.

That's too bad. They have some interesting subjects, but I'm with you as far as not wanting to support companies that don't have quality customer support. My hobby bucks are limited, and there are plenty of other guys that strive to put their customers first.

cheers,

Mike

This is a good attitude guys! We are so many in this or other communities. According to my opinion we are the power. I think one-year long previously announced boycott of every producer/publisher, would help them to get back to their senses. We are their customers and would like to be treated as such. If someone like the the car industry could learn this, than I'm sure these small companies can learn this as well. This is not an appeal to bring down a government, so it should be legal.

That's too bad. They have some interesting subjects, but I'm with you as far as not wanting to support companies that don't have quality customer support. My hobby bucks are limited, and there are plenty of other guys that strive to put their customers first.

cheers,

Mike

Mike,

Try contacting Glen, he's (I believe) a top guy with Kitty Hawk, I think his username is Kagnew or something like this.

I had the same issue with numerous short-shot parts and those silly folded sprues that deforms certain parts (which will break when straightened up), all in the same kit.

I believe the only way to awaken them is to make it public on Facebook or contact Glen here.

Regards

This is a good attitude guys! We are so many in this or other communities. According to my opinion we are the power. I think one-year long previously announced boycott of every producer/publisher, would help them to get back to their senses. We are their customers and would like to be treated as such. If someone like the the car industry could learn this, than I'm sure these small companies can learn this as well. This is not an appeal to bring down a government, so it should be legal.

Yeah, good luck with that. You realize us nerds on the forums are probably >5% of the total model buying population? You can have the opinion of your boycott working, but you see the people on here publicly stating they'll never support X company, only for them to keep chugging on and producing kits.