OT: for the car guys here.

Nice.

Coolest motor swap I saw in person was an LS1 shoehorned into a 2nd gen Miata. The guy did a phenomenal job of it too, it looks like it came out of the factory that way. He autocrosses it against Cobra replicas. You can always tell when he's on the gas because the car just leaps forward.

-Dave

Nice.

Coolest motor swap I saw in person was an LS1 shoehorned into a 2nd gen Miata. The guy did a phenomenal job of it too, it looks like it came out of the factory that way. He autocrosses it against Cobra replicas. You can always tell when he's on the gas because the car just leaps forward.

-Dave

I bet that was a little rocket ship. My favourite that I've seen in person is an Austin mini that had an integra type r engine swapped in. With the Nash Metro sporting a 500ish hp blown hemi close behind.

Shame they put it in something with the aerodynamic properties of a brick though :monkeydance:/>/>

That brick will still rip you one even box stock!

The one concern I have is that that chassis wont be worth anything if they open that motor up all the way. It will be twisted tighter than a pretzel. But she does look cool!

Edited by tosouthern66

That brick will still rip you one even box stock!

The one concern I have is that that chassis wont be worth anything if they open that motor up all the way. It will be twisted tighter than a pretzel. But she does look cool!

I've had the same thought. As cool as this thing is, I have a suspicion that 1600 HP in anything other than a purpose built drag car is just going to convert tyres into smoke and not forward motion.