The really old KC-135A (not sure if there has been more than one)?

It's their 707 with boom parts and cargo door.

In the scale the fuselage width didn't make enough difference to me.

But the length is noticeable too great.

As long as cutting is in order, buy two---cut out the part for a KC and put the cutout in a longer version for whatever you'd like, including tanker 707s.

Somewhere in ARC is a discussion of these differences includeing for the E-3. Recommend search "Revell KC-135A" to get around the ARC requirement for more than 3 characters (like 707) in a search.

The Revell kit (no matter what the box says) isn't an E-3 and it's not a KC-135, it's a 707-120/120B. It has a shorter fuselage and a totally different wing from any AWACS, and a longer (double-bubble) fuselage than the KC-135.

Is it worth building? If you want a 707-120/120B, then probably, since there is no other kit of that variant.

Off the top of my head, I believe the only military 707-120/120Bs were the three VC-137A/B flown by the USAF. Acquired during the Eisenhower administration, and retired in the 1990s. I don't think any other militaries ever had a -120 series.