This is the 1/48 Hasegawa F-86 kit. I really enjoyed the kit, but I made building it MUCH harder than it had to be. I had grand allusions of converting it to a Canadair Sabre Mk5 with a Mk6 wing to represent a restored warbird. Well, the conversion went ok all things considered but the plan fell through when I attempted the NMF. So I about faced and went with RAF markings. That means there are some correct mods and some incorrect mods on the model now. Oh well! There is some decal silvering that is completely my fault.

20151209_085205-1_zpsbqp0hoee.jpg

20151209_085215-1_zpsea5799xj.jpg

20151209_085240-1_zpsdlnu4umm.jpg

20151209_085306-1_zpso89sx4ov.jpg

20151209_085332-1_zpss8hub2wd.jpg

Now in it's new home:

20151209_090644-1_zpsbf2blryb.jpg

I'm very excited about my next project too. Thanks for looking!

f20d,

excellent build, and finish. Nothing wrong with switching gears as needed to complete a build. The majority of guys running into that very issue, usually end up with another shelf Queen. Your Canadian Camo paint scheme looks perfect. As for the decaling silvering, I sure can't see it. And I just love the effect with the open gear door and shark mouth. Just makes it look like it was painted on.

The trio of jets not only looks exceptional, but the pictures behind them just add that much more to the composition. I'm going to take a guess and say that the middle picture is of you and your Dad.

Ok, so now that the F-86 is in the books, and you're looking forward to your next build, just what is it?

Joel

Thanks Guys. Yes Joel, thats me and my Dad when we were both a bit younger in front of an L-39 we flew that day. As for my next build it's an in flight combo build. The first kit should be here in a day or two and I'll probably start a WIP thread when it gets here. I've also gotta finish my VISTA build during the new year.

A very, very fine build my good man......looks as though were it on a runway you could run up the engine and off you go into the tumbling mirth. I'm really admiring the finish as smooth as the proverbial ancient silk :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and *snap* *snap* B) .

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 2 weeks later...