BAe Hawk ideas?

Just a note about RAAF Hawks, they are going through a repaint and coming out of the shop in a darker scheme. So new decals are needed (by me :D) for them.

A couple are in an overall gunship grey scheme...

20120519_A27-03_Matt_Hayes_1.jpg

While the others coming out of the paint shop are in gunship grey (FS 36118) over medium blue grey (FS 35237) with 76SQN flash on one side of the fin and 79SQN flash on the other

Hawk+%232.jpg

Just a note about RAAF Hawks, they are going through a repaint and coming out of the shop in a darker scheme. So new decals are needed (by me :D/>) for them.

A couple are in an overall gunship grey scheme...

While the others coming out of the paint shop are in gunship grey (FS 36118) over medium blue grey (FS 35237) with 76SQN flash on one side of the fin and 79SQN flash on the other

Ooh, I like that a whole lot more than the original scheme!

That's a must do!

Hoops

I think you may be mistaken as I can't see any reference to Hawks being in the RJAF inventory including their own official website??

Yeah, maybe I am mistaken :whistle:/> . But then again, looking at their official website, do you see the Il-76MF, Ce208 or PZL M28 listed?

Another vote for the new RAAF scheme!

Would love to see decals for Malaysian and Jordanian Hawks.

Does Jordan operate Hawks?

Yes, ex-Saudi.

Jordan operate Hawks, since when?

I don't know exactly but at least since last February.

I think you may be mistaken as I can't see any reference to Hawks being in the RJAF inventory including their own official website??

Yeah, maybe I am mistaken :whistle:/>/>/> . But then again, looking at their official website, do you see the Il-76MF, Ce208 or PZL M28 listed?

Another vote for the new RAAF scheme!

Jordanian IL76, PZL M28 and Ce208 are very well documented throughout the web, I cannot find one single reference to the Bae Hawk.

I agree with Scott, I haven't seen a single story of Saudi Arabia providing Hawk trainers to Jordan. Are you sure it wasn't UH-60 Blackawks?

Jordanian_Air_Force_UH-60_Black_Hawk_helicopter.jpg

I have not seen anything about Jordanian Hawks either, but I would not question Pollie's knowledge of Jordanian military aviation because of his connection to the Royal Netherlands Air Force (which has a deployment to Jordan as part of Operation Inherent Resolve). I am sure some photos or more news would trickle out in the future, as the Saudis replace their Hawks with the new -100 series they are buying.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know exactly but at least since last February.

Please accept my apology 'pollie', Jordan do indeed operate the Bae Hawk after aquiring 13 examples from the UAE in 2014 to replace their F-5's.

They kept that one quiet.

• 1 month later...

The design work for the first two Hawk sheets is under way - there will be new RCAF/RAAF markings in addition to a host of other nations.

If you need a hand with the RCAF stuff, let me know. I might be able to help.