BAe Hawk ideas?

• 2 months later...

Happened to stumble across this: the 85 Combat Flying School's 45th anniversary scheme:

- Unofficial SAAF website -

Pretty sharp I think. I actually have most of the artwork done to try to ALPS print it. The Gannet is light grey though, which makes it tricky with an ALPS.

Cheers,

Hoops

I would like to do a couple of BAe Hawk sheets - there are new kits in the market in 1/48 and 1/72 scale, and I feel the excellent 1/32 scale Revell and Kinetic deserve newer decals. What has not been done yet - any operators/schemes that you want

• 2 weeks later...

Oops sorry about the last post was half asleep and pictures would not post for some reason, hope Kursad you got the pictures via email to you.

I received the photos, and they were very helpful; thanks! I am still working on this sheet and will have more to say as it nears completion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 09/12/2015 at 8:57 PM, Youngtiger1 said:

I don't know what sq it was but they painted giant dragon on two of their jet. Giant = entire length of the jet. It was totally cool. Oh and some ETPS colors :rolleyes:

The Hawk your referring to wasn't actually in Squadron service, it was the station flight aircraft for RAF St. Athan (formerly the RAF's main fast jet deep maintenance base, sadly no more). IIRC there were 2 versions one with a Black Dragon on the standard Red, White & Blue trainer aircraft scheme and 1 with a Red Dragon on the later overall black trainer scheme.

• 8 months later...