The German Armed Forces have received the first of their new special forces helicopters, the EC645T2.

http://www.airbushelicopters.com/website/en/press/Airbus-Helicopters-delivers-the-first-two-H145M-to-the-German-Armed-Forces_1871.html

It should be a good platform for counter-terrorism operations within Germany but I'm not sure how it would handle ops in a hot-and-high sandy environment.

LD.

It should be a good platform for counter-terrorism operations within Germany but I'm not sure how it would handle ops in a hot-and-high sandy environment.

LD.

Hopefully not, as the German Forces are not allowed to operate within th eborders, except for some assistance missions. Any CT-Ops would be performed by the famous GSG-9.

The H145 will be equipped with door guns and maybe some fixed forward firing systems and of course got all that fancy SpecOps-stuff like sensors and counter-measures.

I built a model of it some months ago...:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=283273

HAJO

The H145(M) uses the same fuselage as the EC145/UH-72 and main rotor, but completely different avionics, FADEC, new uprated engines, improved mgb and it has a completely new tailboom and Fenestron made from carbon fibre.

It has a 135 tail or style. Not sure of the impact on performance but it is different then the 72/145 versions.

Looks like an EC-145 with a fenestron tail. Personally i dont like it very much, i prefer the standard EC-145 just like the Lakota.

Rod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw this model in the local model shop recently and decided to give myself an early Christmas present.:santa:

It looks like Revell had early access to a 145M. The kits appears to have most or all of the features of the new Luftwaffe helicopter including the armour seat backs/surrounds, FLIR, pilot machine guns, fast-rope mounts, accurate antennae fit, instrument panel, flare dispensers, pop-out floats and winch. Apparently, a door-mounted mini-gun is an option for the real thing but it isn't included in the kit. That would be a nice addition to the kit. Maybe a 1/35th mini-gun could be added instead and the difference between the two scales will be barely noticeable. 

It looks interesting with all the doors off and a heavily-weathered replica of one of these machines that undertook desert testing in Jordan would be neat.

I have too many half-started models on the bench to consider starting another but this kit is very tempting.

LD. 

18 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

I saw this model in the local model shop recently and decided to give myself an early Christmas present.:santa:

It looks like Revell had early access to a 145M. The kits appears to have most or all of the features of the new Luftwaffe helicopter including the armour seat backs/surrounds, FLIR, pilot machine guns, fast-rope mounts, accurate antennae fit, instrument panel, flare dispensers, pop-out floats and winch. Apparently, a door-mounted mini-gun is an option for the real thing but it isn't included in the kit. That would be a nice addition to the kit. Maybe a 1/35th mini-gun could be added instead and the difference between the two scales will be barely noticeable. 

It looks interesting with all the doors off and a heavily-weathered replica of one of these machines that undertook desert testing in Jordan would be neat.

(clip)

I have too many half-started models on the bench to consider starting another but this kit is very tempting.

LD. 

Nice find LD, great film! The machine looks good, covered in dust!

Ifaik a new release of the Revell 1:32 145M/ T2- kit is scheduled for march next year, and will be in civil/ police livery.

:cheers:

Gertjan